Weekly Warrior Mini Goal Challenge Feb/01/2016 - Feb/07/2016

Options
Hearts_2015
Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your short term goals.

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! B)<3

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPiUfKe4PhcZInxDj1209CzGJ2ZEcGTStYskRWYOFPWwK5NBzraQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJTWuR16BqBnV00vdOR6k-mVMVDIFinLRqWnan_eVoO8I_jywy
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    This Weeks Goals:
    • Binge Free next 24 hours
    • get some daily activity in
    • Bed by 11pm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHY_Mta8F-GkMReAJXL7Lks6N7uNdNIc5GUJJwmov6qRBKSzeR
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hearts - thanks for the great start. Great week last week for you and I know you can keep it going. Good week of being aware. We can do this.

This weeks goals
    1. workout as many times as I can
    2. Plan snacks and stick to it
    3. Smart food choices
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello and thanks Hearts and Forestrose for keeping this group going! :)
    I am back, going to try to be around more consistently this year.

My Mom passed in October last year and now I have more time to focus on Molly. Looking forward to being back in the saddle completely.

Mini Goals – Jan 31 - Feb 6 - Check in (1/7)
    1. Stay in green on calories (1/7)
    2. At least 7 hours sleep/night (0/5)
    3. Step goal 7500 (0/5)

TOPS:
    February meeting attendance: (0/4)
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello warriors!! New month. New beginnings. I have decided to concentrate on the week and let the weekends just be. I usually do really well during the week but blow it on the weekend so I get discouraged. I am going to stick to working hard during the week and playing hard during the weekend.

Great quotes Hearts.

Goals:
    1. Walk 5 days 1/5
    2. Log all food 5 days 1/5
    3. Drink chia seed water 5 days 1/5
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Mini Goals – Jan 31 - Feb 6 - Check in (2/7)
    1. Stay in green on calories (2/7)
    3. Step goal 7500 (1/5)

TOPS:
    February meeting attendance: (0/4)
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Warriors. so nice to have a little company this week. LOL. seriously Lananita and Molly, good to see you here. I hope the weekly goals and a few check ins help you with your healthy choices.

Lananita- you have outlined what works for you and hopefully concentrating on the weeks will be what you need to build those habits. playing on the weekend is a good thing, just make sure you are comfortable with your choices even if you are not keeping track.

Molly - good goals this week and a very good start. keep working at it.

Hearts- I hope that your Monday and Tuesday are going well. take care of yourself and be kind to yourself.

Monday-Tuesday check in
    I got a workout in this morning so that is a good thing. My food choices have been so-so and I have cut down on the amount of snacks. I will keep moving forward.

good luck to all.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    “Today, I promise I will not quit.

I pledge that no matter, how many ups and downs I pass through, I will continue on my journey.

I pledge to make a NEW START today, and forgive myself for my past, and to stop being so critical of myself.

I pledge to take control of myself, to stop making excuses, and stop blaming other people or situations.

I pledge to treat myself as I would my best friend, because that is who I am.

I pledge to stay in the race and to be a WINNER!” -- Author Unknown
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Mini Goals – Jan 31 - Feb 6 - Check in (3/7)
    1. Stay in green on calories (3/7)
    3. Step goal 7500 (1/5)

TOPS:
    February meeting attendance: (1/4)
    Feb 2nd week goal from TOPS:
    No-no: no ice cream - this is not an issue for me :smile:
    Yes-yes: 3 salads (1/3)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Happy Hump day! :)

I made it to TOPS meeting last night and it was good -- going for perfect attendance here on out unless out of town! I was up .25 pounds which I do not even count as a real gain since my scale at home does not do points. Love the salads yes yes because I need to eat more salads!

Happy Tuesday, Warriors. so nice to have a little company this week. LOL. seriously Lananita and Molly, good to see you here. I hope the weekly goals and a few check ins help you with your healthy choices.

Molly - good goals this week and a very good start. keep working at it.
    Thanks! It does keep me mindful of my overall goal
    Monday-Tuesday check in
    I got a workout in this morning so that is a good thing. My food choices have been so-so and I have cut down on the amount of snacks. I will keep moving forward.
    good luck to all.
    Good job on workout! "so-so" is good too! :smile: Keep up the good work!
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Happy Hump day! :)

I made it to TOPS meeting last night and it was good -- going for perfect attendance here on out unless out of town! I was up .25 pounds which I do not even count as a real gain since my scale at home does not do points. Love the salads yes yes because I need to eat more salads!

Good job on workout! "so-so" is good too! :smile: Keep up the good work!.

Thanks Molly, great job with your goals and your meeting. keep it up.

Hearts- wow you got a lot of snow yesterday. I know you are just a bit anxious about the other knee surgery and that is natural. I have confidence that things will go as well as the other one. Plus you are so good with PT and follow up. take care of yourself. be kind to yourself.

• la_nanita
    Options
    Happy hump day warriors!! Doing great this week. I am about to start my period so my cravings are on over drive, I'm just going with the flow. Lol. Have made mostly good choices except for the one fiery taco today, but it could have been worse. I could have bought a bunch of them like I really wanted to.

Week of 2/1
    1. Walking/biking 3/5
    2. Log all food 3/5
    3. Drink chia water 3/5

Have a great end of the week!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    la_nanita wrote: »
    Happy hump day warriors!! Doing great this week. I am about to start my period so my cravings are on over drive, I'm just going with the flow. Lol. Have made mostly good choices except for the one fiery taco today, but it could have been worse. I could have bought a bunch of them like I really wanted to.

Week of 2/1
    1. Walking/biking 3/5
    2. Log all food 3/5
    3. Drink chia water 3/5

Have a great end of the week!!
    Great job on fighting the cravings!! One taco is not bad at all!! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Yesterday I was craving ordering Chinese food, but I resisted it and ate a salad instead, chewed some gum and was pleasantly rewarded by number on the scale this morning. If I had gave in, the sodium would not have the same result for sure. I had today and yesterday off from work and fast foods is a demon for me even though I know how unhealthy they are for me, so being around the house it is always a challenge not order in or go pick up take out. So the scale result will make it much easier for me to have another good day today!! not sure if this NSV makes sense to you all but it is definitely a win for me because of my addiction to fast foods. Yesterday I had to pull out all the stops to make it thru without ordering. I told myself fast foods make you fat, got you to your current weight, etc, etc. ok, the END. I know Hearts understands. :wink: Praying for a speedy recovery for you Hearts.

I am not going to make my step goal 5 days but will do my best to get it in a few more days :smile:

Mini Goals – Jan 31 - Feb 6 - Check in (3/7)
    1. Stay in green on calories (4/7)
    2. At least 7 hours sleep/night (1/5)
    3. Step goal 7500 (1/5)

TOPS:
    Yes-yes: 3 salads (2/3)
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Molly- way to really work out a tough decision. I know you are proud of yourself. You are making good progress with your goals. Just keep going forward.

La nanita- smart decision. It is not about avoiding all foods we crave but making wise portion choice. Good for you.

Hearts - thinking of you as you are preparing for your knee surgery. Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • la_nanita
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Not sure if this NSV makes sense to you all but it is definitely a win for me because of my addiction to fast foods. Yesterday I had to pull out all the stops to make it thru without ordering. I told myself fast foods make you fat, got you to your current weight, etc, etc. ok, the END.

I understand completely!!! I was not as strong today and had BK for lunch. Had to do Zumba for 1 hour to get back in the green.

Goals for week of 2/1

1. Walk 4/5 - did Zumba today but I'm still counting it.
    2. Log all foods 4/5 - even the bad shameful ones
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    So, over a week ago, I saw a new doctor ( my former doc retired) . I've been having sinus and vertigo issues , but while there he noticed I had neglected having my blood sugar tested since 2014 (been hiding my head in the sand about my struggle with diabetes) . He surprised me by doing lab work right then in his office. I was absolutely dreading the results as the A1C test takes an average from the last 2 - 3 months which included the holidays this time. Got the results in the mail today and opened it but it took me five minutes to get the guts up to read the results, but when I did I was SHOCKED to see my blood sugar was in the average range- yippe !!!! That is the BEST bday present EVER!!!

5jh0uiljmilx.jpeg

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    <3 Oh Susan, that's always SUCH a nice surprise and a relief, I don't know how it happens sometimes when we KNOW ...aaaaaaaahh it shouldn't really be that low at that moment :D but... just take it and figure it it's that way for a reason. Exercise really lowers mine a lot! Water helps as well.

Hittin up a doc this morning for my pre-op tests and gonna get my A1C and all that jazz done for my surgery. well as long as I can locate my paper work for it, EEK, misplaced it I guess. Couldn't get in to see my regular doc so we'll see what she says if it's not quite where she likes it. lol

Glad it was a good place for you it's always such a relief, particularly when it's a surprise test! :o:D
  • Hearts_2015
    edited February 2016
    Options
    8993248e157f6f38442797d230109bc1.jpg
    Currently chanting this to myself... lol
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!

Mini Goals – Jan 31 - Feb 6 - Check in (5/7)
    1. Stay in green on calories (4/7)
    2. At least 7 hours sleep/night (2/5)
    3. Step goal 7500 (1/5)

TOPS:
    Yes-yes: 3 salads (2/3)
This discussion has been closed.