Syncing issue driving me crazy!

Options
Jonna13
Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
On average my tdee is 2300 calories according to Fitbit. I am quite active on a daily basis. When it syncs to MFP the adjustment seriously messes with my head. Was well into the positive last night before bed, in the morning well into the red. MFP is saying my tdee is only 1606, which is way off and very inaccurate. Ughhhh...

Hoping this issue gets fixed soon!

Replies

• bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I am right now at 4300 calories for the day, more than 1600 than my goal. On MFP it shows only 279 over. If you use mobile it shows the right calorie burn, but MFP goal gets adjusted to 4100. It is definitely aggravating.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Went to bed again with lots of exercise calories and ate accordingly, with calories to spare Woke up to red again, "over eating" by close to 300 calories. Yesterday has a difference of over 500 calories between Fitbit and MFP. Soooooooo annoying!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Report it. I'm getting the feeling that MFP thinks they fixed the issue when obviously they haven't. This has been going on for well over a week now. More than long enough for a fix to have been made.
  • rickaustin
    rickaustin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue for weeks and most often I'm seeing an adjustment that seems to be okay from FitBit but then some time in the evening the adjustment just changes to a very low number. For example, a few nights ago the adjustment from Fitbit was something in the 400 calorie range. I launched MFP in the evening and the adjustment changed to 4 calories. This is a continuing pattern.

That was a few days ago and I went back to that day in MFP to capture the screen to send to support and now, there are 3 Fitbit adjustments for that day totaling over 3000 calories which is absolutely wrong

I'm now using Lose It! which seems to sync the way you would expect. I like the interface and capabilities of MFP better than Lose It! but I have switched, for the time being.
  • Ramsaynbarlow
    Ramsaynbarlow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this - I'm glad I am not the only one having issues and when I read the postings from MFP Ops that they think it is fixed I got worried that it was just me.
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have been noticing the same thing--I get told at dinner I have more calories burned, wake up the next morning and it does not start my day off right to see that all those calories are gone!! Has MFP posted anything about it or are they still saying everything was fixed from the syncing fiasco at the start of the year?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    They finally posted an acknowledgment of the issue. Only took 6 weeks since I first reported it to Helpdesk. #MovingAtTheSpeedOfLife

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2315186-fitbit---mfp-s-total-daily-energy-expenditure-calculation-incorrect
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Setting found in other thread of other issue that would probably be wise to set correctly anyway - perhaps it will help this issue too.

The setting on the website. (Apps--->Steps, then select Fitbit Tracker).

For prior day - add a 1 calorie workout, wait for adjustment, then delete. See if corrections take place.
    Still may have to delete duplicate entries though.