Chat and Accoutnability 31 Jan - 6 Feb

Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Sunday Folks. Happy New Year to ya Heron, Have fun at the party.

Everyone else - What's Up?

I've got a coffee date this afternoon with a gal I've met on POF. Am working on some of my Art and gonna get a work out in after my Fitbit's recharge (somehow managed to let them both get low at the same time Duh).

Have a great day Folks.

TTFN B)

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Nice Gal not the right gal though.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Sounds like you enjoyed yourself anyway HJ. Do you have anyone else in mind at the moment? You're a great catch, the right one will be a very lucky lady.
    I went to Idyllwild, CA for a three day vacation. It's up in the mountains but just a 1 1/2 hour drive from home. Did an interval jog/walk up the mountain for an hour. I felt out of shape at 5400 ft elevation, it was an awesome workout!
    Back to reality today, logging food in myfitnesspal. Heading out now to the gym to row. Today's goal...5000m in 28 min. Woop woop ;)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Happy Tuesday Folks! Spring is on the way, and so time to start reviewing the garden plan here. If I'm going to grow from seeds need to get em in some soil by Valentines day.

Amy Thanks for the kind words, do you know anybody looking? Great stroll up the mountain. How'd the work out go? I like rowing, Don't regularly have access to a machine though.

TTFN B)
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited February 2016

My Submissions for the Gugenhiem Exhibit (if anyone can tell me how to resize these I'd appreciate it.)
    zf8s4y5em6uo.jpg
    awlohmrbduyc.jpg
    7wi4rcnknbva.jpg

• ActiveAmyLynn
    HJ do you have a PC or Mac? If PC: <right click on the pic <Open with <Paint

Paint will open on the Home menu. On the Image portion of the toolbar, click on Resize.

I generally start with reducing the size by half. Keep the radio button on Percentage. Keep the checkmark in the Maintain Aspect Ratio box. Type 50 in the Horizontal box (this automatically changes the Vertical box to 50 because you have the Maintain Aspect Ratio box checked).

Can't wait to see your artwork! I'm thinking of single women I know...most of my friends are married with kids. I'll keep my eye out because I meet a lot of people who work in health and fitness...which would be a fit for you. Are you OK with long distance relationships?
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Amy, love the picture sounds like an awesome weekend!
    John, I agree with Amy, you are a great catch! Those are such beautiful paintings!
    I am still trying to Work towards a healthy lifestyle, I was feeling "fat" on Sunday when I had to get dress for a banquet but I ended up getting compliments so that felt nice.
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited February 2016
    Thank you both Amy and Heron very kind words.
    Heron having seen your recent pics from Shot Show compliments should have been the order of the day at your party as you certainly are looking good. I've come to the conclusion that I just have to focus on healthy and the other stuff follows.

Amy I'm open to meeting new folks even over a long distance. so here is a link to my POF profile if you want to pass it along. http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=42397194
    if any you know contact me they should mention your name so I know its not out of 'Left Field'
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Cool HJ, I've got your profile now. You looked great in your suit on Valentine's Day! I'll give you a heads up for sure whenever I refer someone to your page. Love your paintings! The third one down is my fave.

Heron I just saw your photos and I think you're lovely. You've reminded me how, especially on "fat days" but even on days I think I look OK, I'm mean to myself. I can't see what others see in me. I'm struggling at times with changes in my body due to aging that have just happened in the last 2 years. Just a couple years ago my body composition was different. My heinie is fluffier, the back of my arms are softer, my abdominal skin has these long horizontal crease-y wrinkles that don't go away. I guess since the changes are recent I'm still adjusting, and I need to keep working on loving myself and accepting that my body changed.
  • heronh
    Awwww Thanks John and Amy. I'm usually pretty confident and comfortable with my body and I've made peace with myself about putting value of beauty. Women and beauty are so tightly woven together, there is this pressure on women that is not on men. Don't get me wrong I still like to wear pretty things because I like the aesthetic, I love saturated colors and patterns and my clothes reflects that. But I no longer have that " why am I not this or that or I wish my "x" is bigger or smaller. I can admire and appreciate all kinds of beauty without being envious.
    But I've gained weight last year and those were long hard fought weight I could see the end goal last January and now it's a speck lol. But I did it to myself because I let too many things slide . So yeah I had fat days moments but I always try to think about something positive about myself. Amy keep working on self love, it's not easy and progress can be slow but the end result is this sense of relief, freedom and happiness that you'll love. You are beautiful and you are loved.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Happy Friday Folks! Not a lot new going on, but have gotten below my lightest weight of all last year. Now in the 250's
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    WOOHOO! Go HJ!!

Thank you for the kind and inspirational words Heron. I'm working on it!
  • heronh
    Yay! Way to go John!
    I hurt my back AGAIN, I don't think I ever gave it enough to time to heal so I'm going to have to do just straight PT exercise and yoga. No weights for 10 weeks.