Here is a link I found with some info

Options

Replies

• toccoafan
    toccoafan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy and I've been on and off MFP for several years, but never made anything public. I recently started OA for the same reason(accountability). I struggle with eating/shopping when I shouldn't [possibly caused by medication for RLS], depression, menopause, low thyroid, and restless leg syndrome. I also have acid reflux and high cholesterol, sinus allergies, and recently discovered an allergy to dairy. If I could just lose about 30lbs and stop eating junk, several of those problems would probably go away.
    One difficulty for me is deciding what to eat. Because of the thyroid and allergy problem, I avoid soy and dairy, which a lot of diets use heavily. I dislike[hate] cooking, which leads to a lot of pre-packaged food with a lot additives I don't really want. I know these are just excuses, and although legitimate concerns, they're a part of my life now and I need to just learn to deal with them.
    Thanks for letting me vent. I really want this time to succeed.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    her blogs have great information.
    http://peacefuleating.co.uk/
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy since you hate cooking maybe I can assist in a small way. I am a professional chef I can help you with recipes, or just some quick food tips.
  • toccoafan
    toccoafan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mike, thanks for responding. Do you have any tips for meal plans? I get so confused by all the conflicting nutrition advice.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    What kinds of food do you like to eat? You probably know vegetables and fruits are good for you, grains a little less so depending on the type, and proteins should be around a 3 to 4 ounce serving. That being said you can do a lot with a little so to speak. Do not be afraid of seasoning. Yes too much salt can be bad for you but salt is the spice of life. I know that may sound cliche' but a little salt and pepper adds so much flavor to a dish then you build upon that. Soups are another good way to make a big meal with a lot of vegetables that will last a few days. Chili as well depending on where you live if it is cold is very filling and the beans give a lot of fiber which helps to keep you fuller longer. So if you can tell me what sorts of foods you enjoy and I can help you menu plan and give you some simple recipes to help you along.