Underarmour calorie adjustment

Options
space_case
space_case Posts: 89 Member
I thought when this shows up on your exercise list, it was related to what your Fitbit shows you burned? Even though I know Fitbit isn't a UA device. This hasn't been accurate for me the last few days though. Yesterday my Fitbit showed ~2500 burned and my UA adjustment in MFP was ~3200. Two days ago it showed I burned ~2500 on Fitbit and ~3100 as UA adjustment. That kind of discrepancy could surely make or break a deficit. Maybe I am understanding wrong though, so I thought I would check with people more knowledgable than I.

FWIW, today the two numbers appear to be in sync with each other as they normally do.

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I don't show a UA adjustment in MFP, just a Fitbit adjustment. If you're showing a UA adjustment instead then either your adjustment isn't coming from Fitbit or it is coming indirectly somehow, through UA. When you look at where your steps are coming from (in the app, go to Steps to see what it is using, on the web, go to Apps, then Steps) is it from Fitbit or some other source?
  • space_case
    Options
    So, I actually did not have it linked to measure steps. Could that be the problem? Even so, under my installed apps, Fitbit is the only one installed. At one point in time, Map My Run was installed which I think is UA, but I uninstalled that at least a few months ago as I had surgery and running hasn't been possible. Here are some screen grabs of what I see.6y729q2dz64k.png
    jwkmh0h3m63b.png
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you weren't set to use Fitbit for your adjustment. You were set to get it from Under Armour although I have no idea how if you don't have any other apps connected. Definitely check the setting under Steps, though. For some reason, it seems critical to have that selected (assuming you have a Fitbit connected) or MFP gets wildly messed up. Lots of people here have been having problems with that. Until today, I was unaffected and my Steps setting was set to Fitbit, as desired. Then, for no discernible reason, I discovered today that it had spontaneously changed to "Don't track steps." and I was getting very weird numbers on the "My Fitness Pal Calories Burned" line as a result. (I can't imagine why this happens, but it has been happening to others, so I immediately knew how to fix it.)
  • space_case
    Options
    That is so bizarre because yeah, I have no other apps connected and that UA # always seemed to be related to my Fitbit numbers. I checked it this morning and am about to head to the gym, so we will see what happens today.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You must still have an account with MMR or UA configured - at least on the end that is sending the data.

UA has a site too for like exercise logging in general - you can link that also, and it may take your MMR account and integrate it.