Manually logging Fitbit Adjustment?

Options
Hey all, I finally got a FitBit Charge HR a few days ago and it's the best decision I've ever made.

However, since the synching between MFP and FitBit has been wonky lately, I decided to unsynch them and just log the fitbit calories manually.

Question: Since I'm at -2 lbs/week, I know I should be at a 1000 calorie deficit. Should I just subtract 1000 from my TDEE (according to fitbit) at the end of the day, and then log the difference between that and MFP calories as exercise?

Example:
MFP has me set at 1470 cal.
Fitbit tells me I burned 3,033 calories yesterday.
3033-1000 = 2033
2033-1470 = 563
So I log 563 calories as exercise.

That's what I've been doing, but FitBit is telling me I've burned a lot more calories than I had originally been figuring before I got one. Just making sure I'm not way overshooting.

Replies

• aproudmom
    aproudmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is the answer or not, but your Fitbit is counting calories from midnight to midnight. That is why when you wake up, it already shows calories burned. MFP figures out your average calories burned by how you answered questions. Then if you go over that, it adds it to the calories.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    That math looks pretty much right.

It's still easier with the accounts linked. The bug that is currently driving people nuts seems to be related to the Steps option spontaneously changing from "Fitbit Tracker" to "Don't track steps" (or something else, if you have another option there). It just happened to me today. I fixed the Steps selection and everything went back to normal. So, you might try reconnecting the accounts and just keeping an eye on that setting.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »

It's still easier with the accounts linked. The bug that is currently driving people nuts seems to be related to the Steps option spontaneously changing from "Fitbit Tracker" to "Don't track steps" (or something else, if you have another option there). It just happened to me today. I fixed the Steps selection and everything went back to normal. So, you might try reconnecting the accounts and just keeping an eye on that setting.

How do you adjust this?

And OP-I've been doing this too, as MFP calculation is waaaayyy off for me.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Jonna13 wrote: »
    NancyN795 wrote: »

How do you adjust this?

And OP-I've been doing this too, as MFP calculation is waaaayyy off for me.

Okay-figured it out, my settings were at "don't track steps" and now the adjustment seems correct. Hopefully this fixes the problem!