February 7 - 13

Options
NewOR2015
NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
We are starting a new week! A new chance to start over, set new goals, and continue toward a better you. Or if you've been doing great, another week to keep at it!

What will you be doing this week?

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Training hard... Competition on Saturday! Unfortunately, due to a colleague who managed to contract mumps, I will also be working lots. Also focusing on nutrition and eating well so I can hit weight goal for the competition at the end of the month. Saturday is a small local competition so there are no weight divisions.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am back to planning and making healthy breakfast & lunches. My goal is to eat a high antioxidant diet which is not only healthy but keeps me satisfyingly full. Hubby is in charge of dinner so for me that falls more within portion control. My challenges are a work potluck on Thursday and our house is being tented for termites Fri-Mon so we are staying at a hotel and eating out every meal. My weight loss stalled last week but I am back on track. My goal is to lose one pound a week which can (and will) be done. Have a good week all, I'm off to work!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    My weight jumped up 5 lbs in a day but I had loads of sodium again to compensate for low bp symptoms. So my goal is to knock off the 5 lbs as fast as possible and keep my bp normal or my normal. :)

Stay away from the sick hubby he is the walking plague coughing all over the place. thank goodness for having our daughter's room as I'm bunking with the dog and my back and shoulder feel a lot better to boot.

So I didn't get jury duty for monday as today was grand jury only day so tonight I call and see what happens for tomorrow. My boss has everything mapped out but once again I'm the one who is going to get you know what if I get picked. I have to cover other people's shifts who do mine but that means I'll be working non stop. Now I'm thinking my best bet is to not get called as I don't want to be doing an 18 hour day. I would have to go to court then go to work I'm just not up to all that.
  • Living360
    Options
    @2020pinktogo we'll keep our fingers crossed that you don't get called in. Glad you're feeling better!
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I turn 31 a week from today and I am in a funk. My husband and I had a rough weekend emotionally and mentally and I just feel drained. I did go to my trainer this morning and I am keeping my nutrition on track. I am trying to stay focused on the present moment and not let my mental state bring me down.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    It seems most of you have a well-planned week. Good for you.

I'm back in Austin, and I'm going to wing it one more week and a half. (Besides, this is chocolate week for me.) After that, when my daughter and son-in-law move out, I'll start a new chapter in my life. The fridge and the kitchen shelves will be mine alone. I will have to plan carefully for what I will allow myself to have in the house. I'm not thinking "empty nest syndrome"; I'm thinking "more time and space to focus on Slim by Summer."
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I admire how focused you are.
    @LIving360 Nothing to be proud of, but my house has termites too. I can't afford to treat the problem right now though. I know I'm risking it getting worse.
    @2020pinktogo Best of luck avoiding hubby's germs and jury duty.
    @MrsVelapanur Take care of yourself. Sometimes when one is feeling tired, one might be more susceptible to catching something.
    Everyone, March 1st will be 100 days for this group. (The kindergarteners at my school were celebrating the 100th day of school last week. That's what made me think of counting.)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    well another day down I call tues night and see what happens they still only want the grand jury people so all of us regular jurors haven't been called down yet.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    OMG! We had "Death by Chocolate" today at work. All day long more and more chocolate (cakes, cookies, candies, chocolate milk, etc) were brought in. I knew I was having a chocolate week but not soooo much in one day. I indulged without exceeding my calorie goal for today. I still have enough calories left for a simple dinner.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well another day down i call in again tomorrow night. Good job NewOR2015 staying within your calories is always an accomplishment!!!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Well done! Chocolate is my downfall...
    I may have a mild concussion from judo last night so taking things really slow. It is a risk that I accept as part of what I choose to do, but with competition on Saturday, the timing is not ideal.
  • Living360
    Options
    @CaptainBoing So sorry to hear about your injury, take care and let us know how you're doing.

@NewOR2015 Work is the most difficult place for me to stay on track, you stayed strong, good for you!

@2020pinktogo Still keeping my fingers crossed you are not called.

@MrsVelapanur Hope you're doing well. Let us know how you're doing.

Middle of the week, have a wonderful day everyone!
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @Living360 - thank you for checking in on me. I am trying to stay positive and keep moving forward amidst all of the stress that is in my life right now. My husband and I are at odds on the decision to have children. He wants them, I don't. Not sure where we're going from here and it's giving me anxiety. We're going to see a therapist tomorrow.

We're also going to have to move apartments this spring because Silicon Valley is just too expensive! I hate apartment hunting, especially in the middle of the school year, where I have work all week. Our lease is up on April 10 and we're going to be in the India for the latter part of March so we have a limited window to find a place and move. We're looking at some places this week.

I have also recently come to the realization that the volunteer work I am doing is not making me happy and I don't feel very passionate about it. I am trying to figure out how to untangle myself from this situation, as I was next in line to be president of the women's group.

As for my health and fitness, I am doing well. I just finished my third work out of the week this morning. I plan on going tomorrow and Friday and then enjoying my birthday weekend.

I hope everyone else is having a good week. Thank you for being here for me. :)
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @MrsVelapanur Sounds like everything is piling up for you. Just breathe. Stress isn't good for anybody.
    @CaptainBoing Do take care. Don't pile an injury on an injury.

I had chocolate again today but nothing like yesterday. I was craving real food so saved my calories for that.
  • Living360
    Options
    @MrsVelapanur you're at an age where life decisions must be considered but don't necessarily need to be permanent. I'm sure your therapist can help you work through the feelings and compromises needed for your family's happiness. Being from California I understand the high costs of living and while moving is a seemingly daunting task it may be a nice and needed change. Making a list of concerns as you have here is a good 1st step to resolution. It seems you have every good reason to step back from your volunteer duties at this time. I am a firm believer that all challenges can be overcome with understanding and time. I have found that I don't often understand why I must deal with some of the situations that come my way but working through them has made me a stronger, better person. Hang in there, peace will come your way.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Bottom line life is too short to not be happy we may have times where there is a wrinkle in that happiness but only you can let yourself be unhappy. It's all how you look at everything. One of my customers told me this years ago when I was down right miserable and I realized they were right.

PS I was excused from jury duty thanks for keeping those fingers crossed as we are having horrible weather here and I was terrified I would have to drive an hour + to get downtown in it.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Yay!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Oh I know I'm so relieved I pulled out onto the main highway yesterday and lost both my wipers so I pulled back off and got new ones as it was snowing and you kind of need them.

So I make it to work on time and I think all righty things are going to be ok. NOPE we were being audited It's lucky I didn't have my nervous breakdown right there. So today I'm just going to take it easy. LOL
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words everyone. I am taking it one day at a time and finding that this brings me more peace. I have a lot of good things going on my life right now, so I am trying to focus on that.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Positive thinking is a good plan.