• alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! i want to join your group too!
  • stripepanther1989
    stripepanther1989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!
    Newbie PCOS lady here.... Not officially diagnosed yet but my OB/GYN says I have all the signs of it.
    *excessive hair on chin, navel, back, and fast growing dark hair on legs and arms
    *midsection weight that wont go away
    *irregular and very heavy bleeding with huge clots and I mean huge and often.... :s
    *infertility
    *not sure if I ovulate on my own
    *dark patches of skin
    *huge family history of diabetes and other fertility related issues
    *low energy and morale
    *and more

I have been married for almost a year and TTC for 4+years with my husband Sean. He is 40 years old so we're at that time where I'm worried about his little guys having any life left....
    There has been several times I was 2 weeks late and showing all symptoms but the day I take a test....I start. Aside from those few scares, my periods are actually very regular...every 30-33 days for 3-4 days. About every 3-4 months I'll have like two weeks of spotting before my period starts...fun fun.

I'm trying to lose weight to increase my chances but I am dealing with the huge cravings and the insulin resistance. Need to get from 200lbs to 130lbs my goal. Fingers crossed!

I am wanting to try a Low GI Diet to see how that works for me but I'm already seeing that as very hard. Looking at how the average American, and my own family, we all live off of carbs practically... even my patients at my nursing home despite half of them being diabetic...

Things I have slowly changed and tried. For breakfast I've been doing a fruit smoothie with frozen tropical fruit, a banana, a cup of milk and some protein powder. Lunch is whatever is free at work (full of carbs of course... :( ) I try to bring salads to work but that's getting costly too and I see the free food and cue the d*mn cravings lol. Dinner is either meat and vegetables or spaghetti and vegetables. I'm trying to get at least the spaghetti to be more whole wheat or quinoa. If I didn't hate fish and seafood with a passion I'd happily switch to Paleo. I'm a Texan girl, I love my beef lol :D

I think I'm subconsciously looking for an easy weight loss because I keep ignoring the exercise part... haha..... sigh.....
  • justforjul
    justforjul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I had a lightbulb moment last week when I got diagnosed with PCOS. Kept wondering why the weight kept creeping up and just thought it was another fun gift of being over 40. Have decided to kick the carb addiction and move more to counteract the troubles it causes. Doing much better than expected my first low carb week...down 3+ lbs in 5 days. I know that won't continue at this rate...but it's definitely motivating. Happy to support and share as a group!