18 months Post Sleeve...how are people doing?

Options
bubbles3133
bubbles3133 Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
Hi All,

I am 18 months post Sleeve. Total weight loss = 72kg (includes pre-sleeve prep and post-sleeve). My current weight is 72.5kg. Exercise regularly which includes minimum of 100km of cycling per week (on the road and on the MTB trails), gym sessions at least twice per week (weight, strength and core) and have taken up a weekly session of Pilates in the last four weeks. I still concentrate on getting all my Protein in first and set myself a goal of 90gm per day. I have cut out all bread, pasta and soft drinks (including diet type drinks). I do have a Protein share each day which accounts for 35gm of Protein in one hit!! In the last four weeks, i also stopped all vitamins that I took daily. Will be doing a blood test in the next 2-3 weeks once it is all out of my system to check things are ok. I also recently started recording everything again in MFP...just to check up on myself and keep me a little more honest. I have noticed that my sugar intake is a bit high, so I'm taking steps to correct it now...while it's not too late. Any others out there in a similar position...i.e. at least 18 months out from Sleeve? How are you going?

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 months now. Maintain a 5x per week stationary bike habit (followed with some pushups or plank and crunches for muscle tone). Had blood work done last month and it's all still good. LDL is up! Doc says the exercise is showing! Still take my vitamins. Still eat whatever I like in small quantities. I don't record anything anymore, (other than I just bought a wi-fi scale which does it automagically for me). Occasionally I creep outside my maintenance zone... When that happens, I cut out white\simple carbs and other junk and bump my protein intake, (which is already 70+ on a normal day) until I come back down. Winning the battle now thanks to my sleeve!
  • wpegues0
    wpegues0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this. 19 months out. I work out 5/6 days a week strength /cardiovascular. I started at 372...356 at surgery. ..got down to 248...currently 383 and was 394 December 4th last dr. Appointment. I creeper back to old habits because I could eat more. I get better than 115 grams of protein daily shakes are the bulk of that. Chicken and fish with green vegetables now. Staying between 1200 - 1600 calories. Trying to get back in the losers bracket. Any help or encouragement would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Maria212302
    Maria212302 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wondering did you make a typo with your current weight?