Deadpool

Options
mweckler
mweckler Posts: 623 Member
Who is seeing Deadpool next week? I have my Ultrascreen tickets for Thursday night ready to go.

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day for me and my fiance. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Probably Friday morning here... although I'm waiting for the reviews, to be honest.
  • mweckler
    Options
    I have the best review. If you have seen any of the marketing and heard Ryan talk about those move his passion for the character alone will make this movie amazing.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I am though waiting for a early AM weekend showing and not opening day. With my crazy work schedule, it works out the best for me.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Well great reviews lol, definitely going Friday morning.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wednesday night as we get it Wednesday and we've decided that we're not going to let anyone spoil it :smiley: so excited!!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'm going on Saturday morning. I think I'm going to make mini chimichangas for it.
  • mweckler
    Options
    Wednesday night as we get it Wednesday and we've decided that we're not going to let anyone spoil it :smiley: so excited!!

How was Deadpool?
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm going tonight! Super excited.
  • mweckler
    Options
    As am I. 7pm Central time on an Ultrascreen I can not wait!!!
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This is also my Valentine's Day date with the husband tomorrow night! Super excited :smiley:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    My #1 favorite character. The reviews here were not so cool, but that's good, it'll help lower expectations. The critics and I often have seriously divergent tastes - some of them have no sense of humor. :laugh: Hope to be pleasantly surprised.
  • mweckler
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    My #1 favorite character. The reviews here were not so cool, but that's good, it'll help lower expectations. The critics and I often have seriously divergent tastes - some of them have no sense of humor. :laugh: Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

The reviews I read were very positive. Also I saw it last night and HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only downside is seeing Ryan Reynolds manhood flopping around. Other than that the movie far exceeded my expectations.
  • Francl27
    Options
    It's pretty much what I was expecting. Definitely not the movie of the year for me :p I guess the humor is often too crude for me, although some scenes were hilarious (like the opening scene).

But yeah, pretty much right on when it comes to Deadpool, I think.
  • lightcvt
    lightcvt Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh! I want to see it so bad, but I'm not sure o have anyone to go with. >(
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Saw Deadpool last night; I enjoyed it overall since the movie was about Deadpool, who is epic, and it was indeed pretty funny and accomplished what it set out to do. But for me personally, the movie wasn't as good as it was hyped to be because they gave a real lot of the action/humor away in the commercials; my expectations were just too high going in.
  • BetterDad08
    BetterDad08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I saw it Friday. It was what I expected for a Deadpool movie. I enjoyed it overall. I will say that it was not my favorite Marvel movie, but that could be because I am not a huge Deadpool comic fan. It was definitely funny though. I would recommend this movie to anyone looking for a high action movie with a lot of adult humor.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    PaulaKro wrote: »

The reviews I read were very positive. Also I saw it last night and HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only downside is seeing Ryan Reynolds manhood flopping around. Other than that the movie far exceeded my expectations.
    That's so exciting to hear, especially coming from someone who knows the character!

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved it.

I took it at face value that it would not be the same as the other marvel movies; the lower budget and the different content rating of course meant it wouldn't be the same. I honestly don't know how they could have made that movie work if they made it pg13
    What I do know is, I'll never look at a unicorn in the same way again >_<
  • mweckler
    Options
    lightcvt wrote: »
    Ahhhh! I want to see it so bad, but I'm not sure o have anyone to go with. >(

If you were in Illinois I would gladly go see it with you. I plan on going a few more times, then stalk Amazon to pre-order the Blu-ray as soon as it comes out.