New to the group

Options
Hi everyone. Just wanting to take a minute to introduce myself. First of all I was so happy to find a group like this on MFP. So very thankful you all are here!!! I am 56 years old. I have Neuro Behcets, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, and Restless Leg Syndrome. And I am in some degree of pain every single day. I don't even remember what being pain free feels like anymore. It's hard for me to exercise. I do try to walk on the good days, but was frustrated because even on my best day I walk like a turtle. Looking forward to making some friends in the group and offering support to others as well as receiving some!

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! We're not a really active group but there's some lovely folks here. :-)
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Victoria! I so understand. Lupus and Fibromyalgia and severe arthritis keep me moving pretty slow if at all. Bit we can do it!
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I suffer from fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome. I wish you luck on losing the weight. I know it isn't easy but hopefully you will find something that will work for you. Have you tried hot yoga? It worked wonders for me.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I have Behcets!
    and myalgia and GERD and RLS

I've found I can hurt or I can hurt and be healthy.
    Turtle walking is still walking :)
    I do aerial yoga because it takes the gravity issue away. it supports me and helps me deepen stretches.
    you could try restorative or yin yoga. you don't want to do hot yoga too often as it can easily lead to dehydration which makes things worse. but a warm room I'm sure could be therapeutic
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Please friend me! I love New friends!!! Good luck! This can be done!
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm here too! We can get through the pain and achieve our weight loss goals together! Feel free to friend me!
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have Scleroderma, Fibro with severe Allodynia, ILD, sever GERD and Raynauds. Every day is a struggle, but we can do it. Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Yes we have our extra struggles but it is possible for us to lose weight and feel better. Sending you all a gentle hug and friendly encouragement xx
  • rebeccamurphy12979
    rebeccamurphy12979 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hey all. A lifetime of being overweight, and a family tendency for tight tendons, but always liking physical activity has given me a body wracked with osteoarthritis and bursitis. I keep on keepin on, doing what I can, modifying where I have to, getting help when I need it. It helps to have companionship in our drive for wellness.
  • mhampton52
    mhampton52 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi every one, I am Marilyn and I am a 63 year old Christian woman, a wife, mother and grandmother. I have Fibromyalgia, MCTD, IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, Gastroparesis, GERD, REFLUX, CHF, and CRF. I can relate to having pain everyday and limited to exercises. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • mhampton52
    mhampton52 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Anyone from Louisiana I am from SW Louisiana.
  • mysugarbearrocks
    mysugarbearrocks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    New to this group - I live in Idaho I use to be fairly active but last few years the chronic pain has gotten worse I desperately want to lose weight regain my flexibility & enjoy life again! I have more bad days than good people around me don't understand my daily struggle, it's like a constant uphill battle. Looking for friends who understand my struggle & also trying to lose weight.
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track SugarB. I have RA. Before that was endometriosis then my thyroid died. Not good for my waistline ya know? I have stayed persistent. It's taken me 2 years to lose 40lb. I love sweets and carbs so lowering my intake to around 100gm a day is helping. My blood sugar is fantastic any my cholesterol is 3 points shy of range so my diet has really helped. Carbs and sugar feed inflammation so that is where I started. Over time it has really paid off. Itd hard not shoving everything in my face but knowing I'm over half way there helps. 30lbs more would make me skinny but I'd be grateful at 20 lbs more. That's what makes MFP so useful. It helps you stay accountable to yourself. Logging everyday has really kept me on track. Good luck!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Logging foods will help you see if certain foods are pain triggers! I've been able to realize many different for me since beginning to log in January, 2015. For instance, I've found that artificial sweeteners increase headaches for me, and that the carbs from vegetables are enough to create fibromyalgia pain!! Without logging foods, I wouldn't have figured this out. Learning what we are putting in our bodies is very important to overall health!