Becoming Vegan!!

Options
Hi!! I would really love to reach my goal of becoming completely vegan by my birthday June 6th. I've been slowly phasing meat, eggs, and dairy out of my diet, although I have not yet completely. Its currently 4am and I am going to try not to consume anything that isn't vegan starting tomorrow morning, Wish Me Luck!!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You can do this :) I made the switch to fully vegan a week ago and I am loving it. So glad I did.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Hope it's going good for you! I went vegan "cold-tofu". One day, I was eating fried chicken...the next day strict vegan. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of person, so I knew phasing wouldn't work for me. February 22nd will be my 4 year veganversary :smiley: You are welcome to send me a friend request, if you'd like!
  • herbertwest7734
    herbertwest7734 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good luck. You can do it. The way your body will start to feel will help push you along.

My best advice is try new things, don't just expect to eat the vegan versions of SAD foods and expect it to be satisfying (ie fake bacon, fake cheese and such). Also your taste buds will change as well, (they do for everyone anyways but they will even more so once you change your diet) so even if you don't like something today you may love it a week or four from now.
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am slowly phasing out dairy as well.
  • elaineroberge
    elaineroberge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's sooooo worth it! Good luck! :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I am trying it for a month to see if I can hopefully I can get better support here. I start tomarrow!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Two weeks in so far!
  • Alysia82
    Alysia82 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a slow phase out as well. We can be buddies. My goal is to be completely vegan by August.
  • willybilly30
    willybilly30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am slowly headed thar direction
    i went lacto ovo (milk and eggs) last week
    its not really hard and at resturants i have tried stuff i never tried before
    it is an adventure
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Awesome News!!!