New Here!

Options
Hi, I'm Denise, I'm 32, mom of 4. I've been lifting at crossfit for about 7 months, but the class schedule wasn't working with our family schedule. I started doing classes at a gym, but I miss lifting! So I'm thinking this is the program for me =)
I've lost 40lbs, but have 40 more to go. My plan is to do strong lifts every other day, and then some running/walking(around 30 minutes).
I already own a barbell, but hadn't invested in weights yet, so hoping to go get those this week.
In the meantime I'm going to be working out at the gym =)

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was going to start this week, but Aunt Flo showed up, and I don't want to be trying to get my form down during that time, so I'm re-starting on Monday. Best of luck!
  • raisingcropsandkids
    Options
    es0136nsjqxb.jpeg
    Here's my progress and my starting pic for stronglifts:-)
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've done really well! Welcome :smile:
  • raisingcropsandkids
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    Wow, you've done really well! Welcome :smile:

Thank you!!! First day went great. I'll admit it's kind of scary with all the big guys. My husband says he has a bench in one of our barns, so he's going to see if it's useable :-)

znja5blxblsp.jpeg
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome and awesome job!

I was also really intimidated going into the free weight section. It gets better with time, honestly! Now I just run in and do my thing, nod to a couple of people...and out I go. They are there to do the same thing as you. And I have found most are too busy looking in the mirror to notice anyone else :p
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom of four and starting today. Best of luck - you've had amazing progress so far!