lemurcat12
lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
Might as well report in.

My weekly goals are:

(1) No unplanned snacking
(2) Hit all my planned workouts
(3) Log every day and stay within calories
(4) Get 6 hours of sleep/night

Did a little unplanned snacking, but I am making progress and part of this is I'm not budgeting enough calories given how much I've been working out, so I will continue to work on this and focus on figuring out my real TDEE. Did hit my workouts. Logged and within calories (adding back some exercise calories for exercise beyond that included in the TDEE plan). Sleep was a fail.

Under the theory that I should learn from this, the reasons were: bed too late, too soon after eating and too soon after a hard workout (this was somewhat unavoidable given my schedule, but I think reading a bit or meditating or something might have helped transition better). Also, I was a bit sore, especially since I slipped on the ice after my workout in the evening and strained my left hamstring a bit. I'm also probably drinking too much coffee, so may cut back if the sleep issues don't improve.

Today's challenge: I may take my rest day today instead of Friday, and I'm going out to dinner tonight. I will not use the fact I can't log perfectly as an excuse to just blow off logging for the day or to make it an "I'll get back to it tomorrow" day!

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    1. Log daily
    2. Sleep 7-8 hours each night
    3. Avoid highly processed foods
    4. Be active
    5. Prepare most of our meals at home

Okay, yesterday I nailed #1 and 3. Last night, I was a little shy of 7 hours sleep, but I did sleep well the 2 nights previous so 6 hours is probably okay today. I forgot to exercise and since I worked late, I ordered Papa John's for my sons and the hubby and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant that's close to our house where I got my usual Pear/Walnut side salad with blue cheese crumbles and a glass of water with lemon. They even make their own house dressing so I figure that's sort of like home cooking?

Today, the game plan is to remember to exercise. :#
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So my report for yesterday
    I stayed in calories. I met my 13000 steps(barely), I stayed clear of sweets and I drank all my water. I did not get my kettlebell workout in or take my vitamins. SO most of my goals for yesterday were accomplished.

Today i want to
    1) drink 10-12 glasses of water
    2) stay with in calories
    3)Kettlebell/weight workout
    4) take my vitamins
    5)hit 13000 steps
    6) sew patches on son's scout uniform before his board of review
    7)go for a run
    8) contact the cake person and find a photographer for the wedding
    9) stay clear of sweets

• lemurcat12
    Options
    What kind of kettlebell workout are you doing? I like kettlebells, but only use them off and on.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Today, I will
    1. Stay within my calories
    2. Go to jiu jitsu
    3. Take my vitamins
    4. Eat less dessert
    5. Write at least half of my philosophy paper, finish my other homework
    6. Sleep at least 8 hours!
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    1) I want to at least get to 92 lbs and maintain it. -- (Not weighing in till Monday)
    2) I want to maintain my workout routine. I have just started. (Workout done)
    3) Lessen my carb and sugar intake (less than my usual anyways). (High but still below my normal)
    4) I want to have a continuous streak on my mfp diary at least until this ends. (Food and exercise tracking done)

Today's particular goal: Exercise more than yesterday. --> Done
    Eat a little less than yesterday. --> Done
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,448 Member
    Options
    Walked w/DH and Bean this morning for 5.10 miles in 120 mins (7.30 total miles for 15,942 steps) then went to 1st grade then shopped then got on the recumbent for 12.75 miles in 45 mins then did some yoga for 25 mins!! I'm a kettlebell girl...yoqa is new for me!

Stayed withing my calorie allotment! Logged it all!

Chris