Rae9911 - No going Back

Options
Rae9911
Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
On January 2nd 2016 I decided that I needed to get fit and healthy, I did start my journey back in 2011 but 2 months in I injured my foot which resulted in Tarsal Tunnel & FDL Tendon issues, in the UK it took the NHS 3 years to correctly diagnose my foot condition and do something about it. I had my surgery June 2014 and had to wait 6 months before I could do any sort of low impact stuff and wait 12 months to be able to do full impact. When my year anniversary came life sucked, I was made redundant and had to find a new job, found a job but it was a 39 hour week a big shock from my part time role lol. Anyway after starting the new job I piled on another 1.5 stone and got fed up. So October 2015 I decided that come January 2nd I would change my life around not some fad diet but a complete lifestyle change. Well its 5.5 weeks in and I am pretty chuffed with myself, I have lost 12lb in weight and inches off of my body. My husband has been my rock, supporting and encouraging me when times I felt like I did not want to carry on or get up at 5am, his loving voice in my ear come on get up you know you have to. The biggest shock for me is that to be able to fit in exercise I have to get up at 5am 3 times a week Mon - Fri then the weekend I can do it whenever I feel like it lol. I also walk the dog three times a day as well every day. I feel better for working out and know that this is helping with my stress levels at work. I can do this.

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your progress so far, thank you for sharing your story! I look forward to your next update! :)
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Great progress, especially after coming back from a major, long term injury!
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Nice start....keep on pushing thru! <3
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow you've really have started out good. Your lucky that your husband supports you.