Daily Chit Chat

Options
Heya!!! I thought we could all use a place to vent or rant our daily mini victories or shortcomings. For example, I am currently away travelling for work and although I am still in deficit for my calorific intake I did have 3 small glasses of white wine.(I'm currently trying to minimize my alcohol intake) On a plus side I did take the stairs at the airport and my hotel over the escalators and elevators.

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well I was so proud of the fact I lost the cottage cheese thighs only to end up with the granny fanny. You know those few wrinkles between your butt and thighs. As my mother didn't get her granny fanny til she turned 70 I was very disappointed. So I'm working on the fanny now nothing makes you feel old than a bunch of wrinkles. ;)
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    :) So my main excersising will be with my Wii. I use Wii Fit Plus and in a day or two will be starting my EA Sports Active. I went on Amazon today and ordered resistance bands to use with it. The one it came with all those years ago was junk! I used this game originally to get me from 260 to 210 but two years ago ended up at 235 after the sudden death of my stepdad. Now it's time to get back on track and kick some butt! But for tonight I'm off to eat my Quaker protien oatmeal packet and turn in for an early bed lol can't wait for Amazon to get me those bands! I've not felt this truly motivated in I'm not sure how long! It feels great!
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo PMSL!! Granny fanny!! I have not heard that expression ever!! I don't have cottage cheese thighs but I have had thunder thighs since I was a teen and tuck shop lady arms! All to be a thing of the past. How exactly are you working on the granny fanny? What exercises?
  • KrazedBemused
    Options
    @AvalonsUnicorn I loved my wii fit but my kids traded it in for an Xbox One. I've been considering buying some resistance bands but can't think where in my home would but suitable to use them!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @KrazedBemused I'm doing the squats presently without weights and my tuckus hurts so my fanny must really be really out of shape. LOL :) I use the resistance ring and I got my parents the one that has a handle at one end and the other end they can attach to their leg. They use theirs while their watching tv I use mine to a dvd that 's 20 min long.
  • KrazedBemused
    Options
    Micro victories for me this week!! Requiring to wear a belt with my jeans!! And.....a work colleague I haven't seen in three months commented on my weight loss.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @KrazedBemused That's awesome! Such a great feeling when someone says something nice and notices how you're getting on. Congrats :)
  • evivahealth
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My little victory this week is seeing a new crease in the skin under my tummy. Not sure if you ladies get this one but I think of it like being able to see the high tide marks on myself as my tummy recedes! I tried to explain this to my whippet of a boyfriend (seriously my boyfriend currently weighs less than my goal weight) and he didn't get it at all! I hope you guys do hahaha
  • KrazedBemused
    Options
    @evelynwhitelaw I totally get it! I often stand in front of the mirror side on admiring such creases!
  • evivahealth
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey ladies, how is everyone faring this week? Plans of attack over the weekend for managing those social occasions or putting our free time to good use with some exercise?

I'm planning on sticking to the lower-cal gin and sodas tonight, avoiding late night pizza and getting a walk or a run in on Saturday morning, maybe some time at the driving range with my partner :) Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow, even though it's been a wobbly couple of weeks on the food front!

Would love to hear everyone else's plans! xx Ev
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I work every weekend unless I'm on vacation. So I don't have a problem with staying on my routine. My issue is the weekends are usually the days I say Hmmmm I deserve to get soup or a sandwich from the deli. So I have been tightening the reigns of my eating. We will see how it works.
  • evivahealth
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Oh the lunch time dilemma! Do you prep your own food mostly?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    most of the time
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    What works in my favor is I'm cheap so I won't buy anything more than I have too. LOL But some days I get so cold at work and I have people bring me food a lot. which my coworkers love as they usually take it.
  • KrazedBemused
    Options
    Well, it's our monthly date night for my hubby and I tonight. So I am planning on minimising my calorie intake for brekky and lunch to allow for a couple glasses of wine with dinner. Last month I was really strong on date night and had no alcoholic beverages.
  • evivahealth
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @KrazedBemused everything in moderation :) hope you enjoyed yourself!

I had a few too many drinks over the weekend and am still fighting off a cold (not a great combination) so I am going to try to focus on just regular eating and getting plenty of sleep this week seeing as I haven't got the energy to go out and kick some serious butt.
  • KrazedBemused
    Options
    @evelynwhitelaw Was a great night! I had a few beverages, some wine and a G& T. Burnt some calories with some dancing so stayed in deficit. Get some rest and get rid of that cold!
  • evivahealth
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! How's everyone doing this week? I'm feeling confident - got a plan, which always helps!

I'm out Thursday for dinner which is usually my yoga night so I'm off to a class today - going to try to make sure I'm in bed early most nights and walk the long way to work a couple of times. Might even try to squeeze in another run at some point.

What are you guys planning this week? xx
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Haven't seen my sister in a couple of years and just got the news she is coming home in a few weeks. puts a new twist on things and has given me incentive to really get under that 140 mark before she gets home. She's the younger sister but the the dominant one. She rules the roost so it should be interesting to see her reaction to the new me. I was going to surprise her with my weight loss but my parents have what they call their senior moments and told her.Oh well so I am increasing my exercise this week and going with the original plan before I got sucked into the winter dull drums.
  • evivahealth
    Options
    Haven't seen my sister in a couple of years and just got the news she is coming home in a few weeks. puts a new twist on things and has given me incentive to really get under that 140 mark before she gets home. She's the younger sister but the the dominant one. She rules the roost so it should be interesting to see her reaction to the new me. I was going to surprise her with my weight loss but my parents have what they call their senior moments and told her.Oh well so I am increasing my exercise this week and going with the original plan before I got sucked into the winter dull drums.

That does make things interesting! I hope she's as proud of you as you should be of yourself :) let us know how the big reveal goes x