Chat and Accoutnability 7=13 Feb

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
Happy Monday Folks! Another great week underway. Dexxa Scan and MRI today and a coffee date this afternoon with a pretty gal from Statesboro. Plus gotta get the oil changed in the car and pickup a thing or two at the Art Store. Then cook for the week when I get home tonight.
Heron Bummer on the back, rest well get well, Yoga sounds like a good solution.
Have a great day folks.

Replies

• heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good day! Data and date! What do you usually cook for the week?
    I celebrated Chinese New Year yesterday and I had a migraine from eating processed sweet carbs. And I feel icky today. I did lost my holiday weights from last year so yay! And that's even with the Vegas trip. Arturo lost more than me which I'm happy about. He is also going on a supervised diet next month that a cardiologist who specialized in diabeties recommend . After trying so long Dr thinks that his body is just very predisposed to holding on weight so he wants to shock it by going a low cal diet with the aid of appetite suppressant and lots of blood and hormone test to make sure everything is going well.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Heron, so sorry to hear about your back! Ugghhs! PT and yoga sound like good substitutes until you've had time to heal. WOOHOOOO on losing the holiday weight from last year...even with Vegas...can she say buffet? Why no. No she can't! ;-)
    HJ you might be on your date as I write this. Hope it's going well buddy!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks. Well Scans are done, Won't get the Dexa Results for a week or two. But my Comparison Covert Bailey % is 23.7% So will see how it stacks up. Doing KB swings Tues and Thurs now and Heavy lift on Sundays.
    Had a good date yesterday and have to call her on Thursday to see about next Saturday. See how it goes.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Options
    Glad to hear the date was good HJ. Hopefully she values health and fitness. I was in a relationship for 12 years then dated. Met my new boyfriend 2 months ago. He wants to lose 30 lbs but has been saying that for 2 months. I never give advice unless he asks because I don't want to become a nag! I wait for him to discuss some of the challenges he's having then tell him it's best to make one change at a time, etc. I don't want to be his Mom but I'm concerned for his health. How do you approach this with your family and friends?
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Thursday Folks. Hope all is well with all of you.
    Amy - Follow up from The Date. While she had great potential for a long term relationship, she chose to pursue one with another gentleman. So in light of the fact that the right gal has to think you're the right guy, I would have to say another Nice Gal but not the right gal. Oh well line back in the water for now. Still Fishin'.

As for the advice, I do it the same way. Some one must first ask for it. Then I tell them what I think. With the caveat that since its free advice they can choose to do what they will. I also strongly recommend that they seek the advice of a professional other than me (since they are more likely to follow their advice if they have to pay for it).
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Options
    Hope everyone's enjoying their...FRIDAY! Woohoo!
    HJ the girl who gets hooked on your line will be the lucky one. Thanks for your thoughts on how to proceed with advice. My boyfriend took a big step yesterday...he made a doctor appointment to get the ball rolling in diagnosing and treating foot and shoulder injuries. Good stuff!