Lent 2016

jhmomofmany
jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
I thought it might be nice to have a thread for support and discussion for the season of Lent.

I've decided to focus on fasting this year because this is the first time in forever that I'm not pregnant and/or breastfeeding. So I have no excuse! Rather than starting out super strict and wimping out toward the end, I'm going to start small and add week by week. Starting with the obvious- alcohol and sweets.

Replies

• FreshSage
    FreshSage Posts: 62 Member
    Good idea for a thread... Sounds like a great plan making small consistent sacrifices... I am doing the same except for me it is bread pasta and chips... Also adding in some extra prayer time and backing off the electronics a bit ..
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Excellent thread! I'm doing whole30 for Lent so no sugar, processed anything...really good for learning to say no to the things that affect me health negatively. Struggling to pray more and spend some time outdoors each day enjoying creation. :-)
  • FreshSage
    FreshSage Posts: 62 Member
    checking in... while making good progress with prayer time mass more often extra rosary time ect.. The food choices have improved no chips this week... Wheat products remain a night time temptation ashamed to say I give into... asking for any extra prayers to help strengthen my resolve... Thanks and blessings...
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    I hope you all have a blessed Lent! I have decided to lay off the diet sodas and increase water. I knew I could not go all out so I am limiting diet soda to once a day. On Fridays, I am drinking nothing but water. I also am trying to make sure I pray the rosary at least once a day (sadly, I am not doing too well with this). And finally, read the Word Among Us daily.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    I'm offering a special prayer for all of us today. DH is leaving tomorrow (truck driver) and won't be back until close to Easter. I'm feeling sad about that; he hasn't been out such a long stretch since last year, but we could use the money. Praying for encouragement for all of us.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Thank you for the prayers! I'll add mine to yours!!! :-)