New to the group

Options
Happymelz
Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
I am new to the group and I've struggled with several eating disorders in my life, from binge-eating as a coping mechanism as a child to bulimia in college.
I am currently in recovery but still struggle with BED urges due to stress in life.

I am currently in school and doing a research project on the effectiveness of treatments for eating disorders.

This is NOT a spam post. This is a request for help from a fellow mfp user who has suffered and recovered.

Will you please take a couple minutes to take the survey that I am using to do my research?
it is anonymous and does not collect identifying data other than gender.

My research is the shed light on the difference in treatments effectiveness based on gender of the patient AND the type of disorder because for too long men have had to suffer with inferior treatments or women are being prescribed drugs for symptoms when they really need therapy or vice versa.

Thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XTG82LV

Replies

• Happymelz
    Options
    If this is not acceptable, please let me know.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Moving forward if you could message me first, before posting I would appreciate that. I am fine with helping out, and I hope you get some good feedback.
  • mweckler
    Options
    Also I have a question about question 9. If possible you may want to review the answer choices.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    Thank you! for the feedback. I've changed question 9 to make it more clear, hopefully.

And, thank you for not deleting the post. I'll send a message before posting something like this again. :smiley:
  • mweckler
    Options
    That is quite all right. It will help me to understand the survey better, and make sure you are a real person. Not to say you are not real lol. Or are you???
  • Happymelz
    Options
    lololol. I'm a real person. It has been hard to get people to take the survey online because it looks like a spammy post.
    I even got a warning for posting it on the forums, even though I've been on MFP for over 4 years.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Is it only for people who have recovered for BED, or any other ED as well? Let me know, I'd be glad to take it but I don't want to scares up your data if I don't qualify!
  • mweckler
    Options
    It is people men and women who are seeking treatment, have sought treatment, or are struggling and have not gotten treatment.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The question I found somewhat confusing was number 7, I believe. I'm not sure if I answered it correctly, but I counted different types of treatment sought.