busy days

Options
linnellal
linnellal Posts: 49 Member
yesterday I had an MRI of my left knee. I injured it last July walking home. It just went out on me and there hasn't been a doctor yet that can figure this one out. So now I'm working with Mayo Clinic on it. I also started Physical Therapy yesterday. They poked and prodded, twisted and turned my knee and my shoulders. My shoulders have been acting up from all the crutch usage due to the knee injury. Turns out my arms are out of place and rotated anteriorly. So I have assigned exercises to do now. Twice a day! But the biggest news is that last week I started seeing a nutritionist and today I went back to see her. She is the one who got me back on MFP. She weighed me and I thought she was going to faint. I've lost 3lbs in just this first week! Just hope I can keep it up. It's an encouraging start.

Replies

• star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hey that's great about the loss! Not so great about you being pushed and pulled about though. Are the exercises manageable for you? This is why I don't like using my stick unless I really need to, it hurts my shoulders and causes neck tension
  • linnellal
    Options
    When the one exercise started to irritate my knee I stopped doing it. And I told my PT about it when I went back. I now have a substitute exercise that I dislike equally as well. It doesn't hurt as much though. I just have to force myself to do them.
  • rebeccamurphy12979
    Options
    good deal. PT is not fun. glad you are talking with your therapist about the exercises, cuz PT only works if you do it.
  • linnellal
    Options
    My PT was off today because she was sick so I had a sub PT. He wasn't going to change anything without my normal PT's blessing. I told him that the exercises make my knee hurt. In fact, I can do the exercises, but about ten minutes later, it hurts so much I'm in tears. So there isn't a lot of motivation to do this twice a day if I've hurt myself like that once before. I'm about to modify the exercises myself just to do what I can. See what doesn't irritate so much. I can't live like this. I don't subscribe to the "no pain, no gain" theory.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    You're the patient, and you have the right to refuse anything that makes you hurt worse! I believe physical therapists can push things too fast sometimes, forgetting that some of us can only handle baby steps through the process! Don't be afraid to speak up for yourself! Feel better hun!