Newbie looking to lose weight

Options
Hi I'm a 14 stone male 22yrs old and I want to lose weight, I have tried several times and find it hard sticking to a diet especially when dieting alone so if anyone has any handy tips and tricks to keep to the diet and stop snacking it would be much appreciated.

Replies

• ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cut out alcohol if you drink and moderate sugary food within your calories for the day. That is what I have done in the last 4 weeks and lost 6 pounds.
  • lukesully16
    lukesully16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't drink that often but I can definitely cut out sugary foods within my set amount for the day, also I've heard that drinking more water can help you metabolise quicker?
  • kmouse2
    kmouse2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know that Green Tea can help your metabolism - about 3 cups/day.
  • lukesully16
    lukesully16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Okay brilliant that's good to know thank you I've lost 2lbs in 5 days so far just dieting alone so it's working lol
  • FergyGirl2016
    FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, Luke! What foods do you like? There are so many diets, so figure out what are your favorite foods, and do a lot of googling. You'll soon find a diet you want to try.

Like, it might be paleo, or the 5:2 diet (it's big in the UK now!). Or low carb. Or The Warrior Diet. Lots of meat, no meat, lots of dairy, no dairy, etc.

It's fun to try different diets. Kind of like test-driving a new car :smiley:

It's not necessary to starve! If you feel hungry, eat something healthy, or drink a glass of water or cup of tea.

If you like sweets, stevia is a natural sweetener that has become widely available, and lots of dieters here use it. You can even grow it in the garden, if you like to garden. It's very inexpensive and really soothes sugar cravings.

I hope you have great luck reaching your health and fitness goals!

Sue Ferguson a.k.a. Fergy