I can't close my fitbit!

Options
tinyfruitprincess
tinyfruitprincess Posts: 15 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
My hand's are very small and weak due to arthritis and I cannot close this stupid band! It's making me want to throw it across the damn room! I love the actual tracker but not the band, t's embarrassing and frustrating having to go and ask a dude to snap it closed for me every few days. I absolutely hate the design of these bands, it's just so difficult to get the small grey piece in the little slots. What am i supposed to do?! ):
( BTW, I've had the fitbit since September so it's not like i can return it. I have also tried many thing's to get it on, lotion on the grey part so it'll just snap together easier, nope didn't work. pushing on a hard surface, also didn't work. ) I wish these would just have a simple clasp instead of that plastic grey piece ugh!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    The flex? It gets easier. Try opening and closing it while it's NOT on your wrist. Move it around a bit. It does loosen up.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, have been there myself with my Flex....what I did was play with the blasted thing BEFORE trying to put it on, to be able to use 2 hands to get the clasp thing to "stretch out" the holes in the band. I sat down and during a tv show & practiced closing it , opening it, closing it. I figured out what hole I was going to wear it on first of course. It's not perfect but it did loosen things so I am now able to get the thing on (and I also use O ring to make sure the band is secure). I just did pre order the new Alta and praying the clasp is not another nightmare.
  • tinyfruitprincess
    tinyfruitprincess Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've already tried that though. I've had it for 6 months and it hasn't " loosened up " like people keep saying.. That grey piece is just awful and annoying
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Seeing as you can't return it....maybe hit amazon/ebay to see if you can find a band that has a clasp?

I didn't search long but found this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/French-Bull-Fitbit-Chrome-Clasp/dp/B015TKEGL4

I'm sure there are others.

~Lyssa
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Seeing as you can't return it....maybe hit amazon/ebay to see if you can find a band that has a clasp?

I didn't search long but found this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/French-Bull-Fitbit-Chrome-Clasp/dp/B015TKEGL4

~Lyssa
    That's a great solution!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

~Lyssa
    That's a great solution!

:)

I bought some replacement bands on Amazon a few months ago (would rather spend ~$15 or less on 3 than ~$30 for the genuine ones since I've torn 2 in less than a year :( ) and there's such a huge selection that I figured ones with clasps were probably out there, too.

I may get some myself at some point!

~Lyssa
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Nice find Lyssa!!!