hello to the group

Options
Hi everyone, looking forward to starting March 1st. I need to work on my mid section. I love to cook so if anyone has any recipes for me to try that are diet friendly, budget friendly, and not to hard to prepare send them on to me. Thanks!

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Are you tending to eat low fat or low carb? Matters in terms of recipe direction. Thxs.
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a soup recipe that is really adaptable. I use 1 cup of chicken broth with 1 cup of veg, boil it until the veg is soft and puree it together. I add herbs and spices to match the veg of the day but here are some ideas:

Broccoli and cheddar
    Pumpkin with curry powder
    sweet potato with nutmeg
    Potato with bacon or garlic and onion
    Cauliflower and cheese
    Black beans with jalapenos and cumin

You can run it through the cal counter but these are all stupid low in calories!
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts in the crockpot with salsa. Leave it all day on low. Then you can eat it as-is, or shred it up and put it on a wrap or salad :)
  • varsha_nair
    varsha_nair Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    sorry had to leave group since will be out of country during the time period...but all the best to the rest of the members...
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Miss_Mabee wrote: »
    I have a soup recipe that is really adaptable. I use 1 cup of chicken broth with 1 cup of veg, boil it until the veg is soft and puree it together. I add herbs and spices to match the veg of the day but here are some ideas:

Broccoli and cheddar
    Pumpkin with curry powder
    sweet potato with nutmeg
    Potato with bacon or garlic and onion
    Cauliflower and cheese
    Black beans with jalapenos and cumin

You can run it through the cal counter but these are all stupid low in calories!

Thanks for sharing. I will be trying out the recipe.
  • shaunie126
    shaunie126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello this will be my first challenge. But this is great. I think this will provide good motivation :smile:
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I know I need accountability and did great doing a biggest loser event in my home area but they aren't doing it anymore and I have gained back 10 of the 20 I lost.
  • mscalfee
    mscalfee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    New to these challenges, but am so excited!! Excited to find new friends who are going through the same thing I am!
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all this will my first challenge, cant wait to get started, i need the motivation and support.

Good luck everyone lets do this!! :):)
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    doglady50 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, looking forward to starting March 1st. I need to work on my mid section. I love to cook so if anyone has any recipes for me to try that are diet friendly, budget friendly, and not to hard to prepare send them on to me. Thanks!

I have made quite a few recipes from skinnytaste.com. Whole family enjoys them! Easy and uses mostly common ingredients.
  • katrinakitchentrials
    Options
    Morning everyone! I'm so excited to start this. About 3 years ago I really started on the path to fitness after a decade of letting myself go - then I got pregnant with baby #3, and had some health issues from an improperly inserted IUD the year after. I am FINALLY feeling like myself again, and now that we're done having babies, ready to get healthy for good. About me: I used to be a graphic designer, and now I stay at home with the kids and run a food blog (so exercise needs to be a major part of my lifestyle, because I love good food, and am trying to turn that love into a quasi-career). So excited to help motivate each other!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »
    doglady50 wrote: »

I have made quite a few recipes from skinnytaste.com. Whole family enjoys them! Easy and uses mostly common ingredients.

I will second this! Even my husband loves the recipes that I have made. He finds it hard to believe that it is from a healthy/light cooking website.

greenlitebites.com is another great website for so low calorie cooking.
  • mscalfee
    mscalfee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2015/10/mexican-quinoa-stuffed-peppers.html?m=1

We had these Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers tonight. They were very very tasty!