Day to Day- Victories and stumbles- general chat

Options
OhioGuy37
OhioGuy37 Posts: 99 Member
So yesterday was a good day, travel day which can lead to bad eating but didn't. Had oatmeal for breakfast, brown sugar and raisins too but still not too bad. Hope you all are doing good so far and keep fighting!

Replies

• kjablinskey
    kjablinskey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Try honey with the oatmeal instead of brown sugar, I found it was a little sweeter do you use less plus it's not refined so I think better for you.

I did great yesterday until dinner, where I probably overdid it and didn't log. That's been my problem lately getting back on the weight loss train. Dinner and afterwards I wreck it.
  • kjablinskey
    Options
    I'm working downtown Detroit today myself! Great restaurants but you should probably stay away from them Ohio guy!!

• OhioGuy37
    Options
    Ha! Small world. We're working on I-94 as part of a modernization project over by Wayne State. I'm staying in Southgate
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    And will try the honey, thanks for the tip
  • kjablinskey
    Options
    I'll be driving by you on the way home.

Sorry about you having to stay in south gate.
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    It's not too bad, our permit is only good 9-3 since we are on the actual highway. Actually during the week I think that's all we get in general to occupy any city street
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I'm going back to my old rule exercise before anything else. this morning I was up and attem when the electrician was at the door. Ugh got the guys all set up and then had to sneak off and exercise for a half hour while they were securely chasing wires through the crawl space. John told me he knew he could show up early as he went by the house and saw a light on. LOL Hopefully I will be able to get in another round before I have to go to work.

I live in the suburbs of NY just outside of Buffalo Honey is very popular at the farmers market. If you have a particular farmer who grows different crops the honey will taste like whatever the bee was in. :) This one ladies honey is purplish as her bees are on her blackberry farm.
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    Purplish honey sounds like the weight loss secret we've all been looking for :p
  • aholowka1
    aholowka1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there..hope I'm posting this correctly. I am having a crappie day. Im dealing with something and feeling very emotional. Oddly, I don't feel like eating at all. I just want to lay in bed. But, I have stuff to do and deadlines so I have no choice but to suck it up and move forward. I hope everyone is having a great day! Much love to you all
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    You will get through it! When I'm worried or stressed I actually eat very little. I once lost 10 lbs in less than 2 weeks.
  • MorganGeib
    MorganGeib Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feeling great today! Had a goal set to lose 2lbs by Saturday ( I have Saturday weigh ins in several weight loss challenge groups) and as of this morning I am already down 1.4 with three more days to go ! It's days like this that get me threw the not so great days.
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    Awesome, great job!
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    Stumble hard last night. Did good till dinner then had a small 4 piece deep dish pizza which I ate a little over 3 pieces :o Then had maybe 6 beers, could have been worse I guess- didn't let the sweet tooth kick in
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Today is a new day and it could have been 4 pieces of a large pizza with pizza in the fridge still. Lunch is my downfall if I'm going to have one. Today I planned out to have my overnight oats. Yogurt, oats with blueberries otherwise I would be tempted to get soup from the local deli. Time to get my tuckus out the door. Stay safe
  • kjablinskey
    Options
    I stumbled a bit this morning myself, skipped the gym. Cardio days I'm finding it easier and easier to do that.

Upside is I was under yesterday even though I was hungry all day. Those heavy weight days are doing that to me.
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    Thanks 2020, sounds good! I'm trying to get back in to the gym, I used to powerlift- won't ever get back there but I do miss pushing the heavy weight
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    woo hoo life is good I got home last night just as it was getting icy and then my boss called and asked would I work a double shift on Sat and take fri off. I can't say no but today the weather is rotten lots of snow and Ice and I'm home. :)
  • kjablinskey
    Options
    Good day so far, great day in the gym. No failures on my lifts. 225 squat, 175 bench, 135 row.

Celebrating with a pint at Atwater Brewery and some fish and chips for lunch. Won't leave me a lot of calories for dinner do we will see how the overall day ends up!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I would love to do light weight lifting. I have a ton of exercise equipment at home just no weights. Our gym in town doesn't open until 9 or 10 and is closed by 8 or 9 depending on the day. Closed every holiday and every weekend. It doesn't give me that early/late option. It leaves no window of opportunity to use it.
  • OhioGuy37
    Options
    2020 you should open a planet fitness and just work there :p I went and got fish today too, congrats on the lifts. My eating started good at the beginning of the week, but has gone downhill a bit. I just hate traveling.