Lost My One...Just Ordered The New Alta...Any Thoughts?

dottiedj
dottiedj Posts: 52 Member
I just lost my Fitbit One. I've had it for two years. I'm devastated, but instead of running to buy a new one, I pre-ordered the new Alta. It will be hard to wait an entire month to get it. Should I have ordered something else?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited February 2016
    It depends. What do you want from your Fitbit? The new Alta does look much more jewelry-like than other ones. If your old One did everything you needed (i.e. you didn't care about features such as the heart rate monitor), and you're not adverse to wearing your Fitbit on your wrist, then I expect you'll love it. It has some features that your One didn't have and if you're like me with my Charge HR (which I got about a year ago after I washed my One) you'll really like having a watch, plus your steps, etc. right there on your wrist.

OTOH, I'd go insane without my Fitbit for a whole month. I had to wait 12 days after I washed my One and it drove me nuts! :)
  • dottiedj
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    OTOH, I'd go insane without my Fitbit for a whole month. I had to wait 12 days after I washed my One and it drove me nuts! :)

It will be EXTREMELY hard to go a month without my Fitbit!
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    I used the ultra then one for several years. I switched to misfit when my last One died last spring. I ordered the new Alta but plan to use it in conjunction with a zip for when I don't want anything on my wrist. I would use a one for that purpose but the zip was given to me for free. That's an option... You can get a zip to use in the meantime. Check online for sales. I know several stores have had fitbits on sale with the announcement of the new models.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    So you can have two different devices (say a charge HR and Alta) and have them synched up to the same fitbit account?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    So you can have two different devices (say a charge HR and Alta) and have them synched up to the same fitbit account?
    Yes, Fitbit recently changed this to allow for other trackers.

• smconnealy
    smconnealy Posts: 1 Member
    Wow - I could have written the original post. I also just lost my One a week ago and pre-ordered the Alta. And I AM going crazy without it. I have a pedometer right now and I'm now manually entering my activity. One issue I'm having is getting my Fitbit activity to sync with MyFitnessPal. The numbers are showing up in both apps but I'm not getting the calorie adjustment. I've checked all my settings but don't see why. Any ideas?
  • dottiedj
    I'm doing the same thing but I am getting the calorie adjustment. Sorry you lost your One. I have an old Ultra I'm using but it won't sync because Fitbit it no longer supports it. I will be SO HAPPY when my Alta gets here!