Introduce yourself and your goals

Options

Replies

• lucy_girl
    lucy_girl Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    lucy_girl wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Lucy. I look forward to getting my mojo back and to feeling good about leaving the house instead of always wanting to hide! I think 20 by June is a great goal. I have 42 lbs to go to reach my goal of 155 and hope to do so by the end of September.

Today is weigh in day for me. It's been a loooong couple of weeks with only 1/2 lb losses but I'm happy to be moving in the right direction. I want to share my struggle this week in case any of you are experiencing this. I upped my workout intensity last weekend and was sore for several days this week. I went up 4 lbs in a few days while maintaining my calorie deficit and workout schedule (walking and light-medium aerobics). I am SURE at this point that it was water weight from the soreness. I've experienced this in the past and always found it so upsetting. I stayed the course, waited for the soreness to subside and even took a day off and this morning I was down all 4 of those pesky pounds and a real 1/2 lb. Weight loss is a mind game for me (you too, right?). I'm 45 (5' 6") and it doesn't come off very quickly or easily but I am 100% committed to doing it this time, all the way, no excuses.

So here are the numbers:

Starting weight: 205.5
    Current weight: 196.5
    Challenge goal: 175 (shooting for end of June)
    Ultimate goal weight: 155
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sara. I started MFP on July 1, 2015 at my highest weight of 238 lbs. I lost 30 lbs in three months and was then diagnosed with an acute leukemia (APL) in early October. For obvious reasons, I no longer focused on my diet as I fought for my life. On November 30th I found out I was in remission and by Jan. 1st I was ready to focus on my dieting again. Especially since I knew eating as healthy as possible could only help my body fight the cancer for good. I'm now down 45 pounds total with about 40 more to go. I need to continue chemo and meds through the end of June, and they have weight gain as a side effect, so it's even more important that I stay on top of everything. This challenge will help to keep me motivated. If I can lose 20 lbs by June 1st than I'll be half way to my ultimate goal weight of 150.

SW when I joined MFP: 238
    SW for this challenge: 192.4
    CW: 192.4
    GW for challenge: 172
    Ultimate GW: 150
  • michellekirkman30
    Options
    Hi I'm michelle I would like to lose 35 lbs. By June ....21 lbs ideally. Used fit pal alot 2years ago and it worked just need motivation.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Jules and I reach the big 5-0 this April and I'm sad to say that despite years of yo-yo dieting, I will not be the fit & fabulous I wanted to be!!!

SW - 221
    CW - 221
    GW - 160 (1st target - 199, 2nd target - 180)

Good luck :)

• Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi
    SW/HW:139
    Gw Jan: 136 MET
    GW Feb: 134 MET
    GW March: 132 (6 mo)
    GW April: 129
    GW May: 127 (1yr)
    GW June: 124 (2yr)
    UGW: 114 (3yr)

• Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Becky, I'll be 45 in May and am 5'2". 7 years ago I started this journey, got to a healthy weight and maintained that and more for 5 1/2 years. Then life took a huge turn in many ways and I gained back 35 pounds in 6 months. I have been able to stop the gaining but have struggled with the losing as I went through losing my dad 8 months ago and more. I feel like I'm finally on a consistent track again, I have logged in 98 days now. But losing just isn't as easy as it was before. I would love to feel healthy and fit by Summer, so I can enjoy being outdoors as much as I have come to in the past 7 years before gaining weight back.

SW: 170/152
    CW: 149.8
    GW: 135
  • FergyGirl2016
    FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Wishing all of us best of luck as we commit to our health goals!!! <3
  • FergyGirl2016
    FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    debbie7373 wrote: »
    I'm so tired of always feeling like I'm the heaviest lady every where I go. I want to be able to enjoy the rest of my life and not be soooo self-conscious. Also want to be able to play with my grandchildren.

Same here, Debbie! Let's DO this!!! "Never give up, never surrender!"
  • KittyS1986
    KittyS1986 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Katherine and this is my first MFP challenge.

I have been on here now for almost 60 days and to date lost 13.8 lbs. I have about 66lbs to lose until I reach a healthy weight and I'm beginning to plateau so I though this would be a good idea to keep me motivated. I have also started training for a 10k in july :smiley:

Any encouragement and support would be amazing :) Feel free to add me as a friend.

• no_pink_skirts
    no_pink_skirts Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My name is Jenni and at 225 lbs one week ago I was the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I've gained about 50 lbs since meetings my bf 4 years ago. He eats like garbage and I've been there right along with him. I feel so unhealthy and just unsatisfied with my body and looks. I want to be realistic about this being a lifelong change, so I'm making sure to log my foods and just try to make better choices than I was making before. I want to lose 20 lbs for a few reasons: 1-I work in sports and our national meeting is in June, and I want to be part of the healthy community again. 2- I want to feel good about my body again. I have always had really strong legs, but now you can't see them buried under so much fat! I want to feel proud of what my body can do, not just how it looks. 3- I want to make a PERMANENT life change, and setting a small goal like this seems like it would help me stay on track.
    Long post! Thanks for reading my novel
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am Sara and I have the most Midlife-Crisis Reason ever for joining this group: class reunion this summer. However, I have already lost 63 lbs. and want to stay on track for the next 50 or so I have to go. I have made significant changes to my eating habits and joined a gym, but I still struggle every day with staying on track. My MFP friends have been very supportive and make my journey easier. I am always open to new friends, so feel free to add me!
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I'm Sam! I want to lose 20 lbs by June 1st so I can look rock a bathing suit this summer, now that I live in a sunny locale!!

SW:192.5
    Feb 27th W: 174.5
    GW: 154 by June 1st 2016!!!!
  • anndelaney67
    anndelaney67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hi im Ann ,i want to lose 20lb or more by June as ive app with hernia surgeon so the more i can get off the better for me it will be. SW 224.5 GW 200 by end off june
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Candice, 39, 5'10", 201.1 as of Feb 27th.

This challenge comes at a good time! I fell off the wagon and just got back on MFP on Saturday! My UGW is 174.3 so if I do well in this challenge, I will be SO CLOSE to done!

Good luck everyone!!!
  • mrsz917
    mrsz917 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tori. I really need to lose 20 pounds so I can feel comfortable and confident in myself again. Over the past couple of years I haven't taken care of myself and gained 30 pounds. yikes! It's time for me to get back to healthy and feeling good about myself
  • stacyhunter2
    stacyhunter2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Stacy, I want to lose 20 pounds to feel healthier. I need to lose 100 Pounds. But
    one pound at a time
  • jmann1100
    jmann1100 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennifer. I have been doing Weight Watchers for a couple of years and have lost and gained the same 5 lbs over and over again. I am ready to start moving more and do something different. I use a Fitbit but could be doing much better in this area. I'm looking forward to the challenge. Good luck everyone!
  • waitej64
    waitej64 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Jenny and I would like to lose 20 pounds or more by the end of 2016 to feel and look good in my clothes without any bulges. I try and go to the gym at least 5 times a week. I have been using mfp since July 2015.

SW: 200
    CW: 172
    GW: 152
  • Klutzyklisa348
    Klutzyklisa348 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lisa
    Sw: 230
    Cw: 225
    Gw:200 (ultimate goal weight is 170)
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hey all I am Louann. I ave been struggling with my weight all my life up and down, one failed fad or crash diet after another. The smallest I ever been was in June of 2000 I weighed 125. That didn't last because shortly after I was pregnant. Fast forward 13 years at the end of my fourth pregnancy my highest was 300 pounds in June 2013.

I started tracking my calories on a different site on January 3rd of this year. I weighed 283. After having trouble getting to log in I started writing everything down in a note book. That lasted three weeks. Then one day looking for calories in a food I found MFP. I was like oh yeah i use to use that.

With tracking calories I have lost 35 pounds so far. My goal weight is 163. I know that is still considered over weight for my height but I have been skinny. I dont like the way I look that small. I like a little weight on me just not this much.

I also want to lose this weight before I turn 40 in April of '17.