February 21-27

Options
2»

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I wish you the best!

I'll be traveling to my mom's again this weekend. It will be a local holiday while I'm there. I feel a lot more confident about controlling my calories during the festivities (unlike the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays).
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Drive safe and I'm trying to reign in my winter eating I made overnight oats to take to work for lunch. It's cold and miserable and I knew if I didn't have a plan I would be tempted to go to the deli and get soup. and not a broth kind of soup. LOL

WAiting to see what the insurance company says the electrician came to talk to him but honestly It was one of those I'm so sorry talks.. As I work in customer service I know them too well.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I got my long drive done plus my 10,000+ steps for today. I didn't get enough water though. I'll make up for it tomorrow. I'm ready for sleep early today.

@2020pinktogo Good luck with insurance & electrician. I spent $396 on brakes last week. I didn't want to spend the money, but car brakes are important too.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I did the car thing in January only to find out that we have employees that call and say I start work at 9 have someone pick me up. Can you believe that? I said well if that's the case I will not be buying a new vehicle in 5 or so years they can come and get me my boss said yep they can pick her up too. What happened that you have a job and it is your responsibility to get there not your employer?
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Wow! I had not heard of such a thing. I have always worried about having car trouble. I would never expect the employer to provide transportation except for a special conference or training at a distant location.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! This week has gone pretty well for me. I made it to the gym all five days of the work week - woohoo! I have also changed my nutrition plan a bit and it seems to make a difference in terms of energy. On days that I lift weights, I eat high carb. On days that I do just cardio or rest, I do low carb. The scale has stayed the same but I feel great.

Any plans for the weekend? My hubby and I are having an Oscar's party on Sunday, so we're prepping for that tomorrow. We're also trying to pack up our apartment for our move in April. My husband leaves for India on March 10th and I leave the 17th. We'll be back on April 1st and will have 10 days to move into our new place. Stress, but good stress. :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    LOL @MrsVelapanur as soon as my hubby got on a plane I would pack up everything and I would go through all his stuff and get rid of a LOT! >:) As I have one tote of clothing my husband still has stuff from High school and he's 60+. He has clothing everywhere.

@NewOR2015 Yeah me too thus our surprise when we found out. When my daughter was a Junior in college She needed my car for an internship and I literally walked when it was nice and if it was yucky my parents were kind enough to loan me their car . Walking to work was never a problem it's only 3 miles basicly down hill it was the coming home part that was a killer. this women doesn't even live a mile away. all sidewalks and basically flat her section. As our kids in the village have to walk to school all the sidewalks are even plowed but it wasn't like we had snow.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo - Oh I am definitely planning on doing that. He says he has been getting rid of stuff but not at the pace that I want him to. I will be de-cluttering closets and the kitchen. He is very sentimental about things, especially those things that he brought with him from India for the first time 10 years ago.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well today is a new day I went on a candy binge on friday so today I really need to get my protein and some nutrition. Nope I didn't give up candy for lent supposedly crazy comes back to work on the 1st so I'm feeling the stress. How one person holds a whole dept hostage. UGHHHHH
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Maybe she will come back a whole new person with a wonderful personality and will truly become your best friend. (Yes, I'm laughing as I write this.)
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo In my Dept of five we had someone who created misery for all and even though each one of us went to our Manager she wouldn't see it. And it seemed our Manager held it against us without looking at the source. When all have the same story how can you side with the one? After three years our coworker finally transferred to another Dept. I hope you can find peace from the stress, a lot of hours are spent at work and they should not be dreadful.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @NewOR2015 No my boss told our new person Laura who complained about the schedule how she has to work with her 3 nights that It's her new Bestie LOL Laura wasn't amused she said it's so wrong I laughed and said no what was wrong was how I got stuck with her and I have the most seniority. LOL ;)
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @Living360 Back at you...Hope you have a great weekend too!

@2020pinktogo Now, no hard feelings, you girls can share the BFF.

Good luck with competitions, parties, or whatever else everyone is planning for this weekend. I'll be headed home again tomorrow. My time with my mom has been uneventful. And that's a good thing.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @NewOR2015 I've had my time it's someone else's turn. LOL
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I won bronze! I fought hard and I fought well. I even got my bjj nickname after the comp! Dory, because I can't remember one of my three fights thanks to a concussion. All good now just taking it easy for a while. The next few weeks I will have to be careful with my eating because my exercise will be limited and I'm always starving when I don't train hard!
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's a great finish, congratulations @CaptainBoing!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I'm just now reading this thread. Congratulations!