"Diet food" is not your friend!

Options
AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
If you're the least bit interested in cooking, you can do this whole "diet" thing without eating any "diet" food. No low cal, low fat, fake processed crap. I'm so, so sad for my friends who eat an abundance of junk in the name of "health" (Taco Bell is not a vegan choice), just less of it than they used to. They'll lose weight, but gain it right back as soon as they take their eye off the ball, and will have learned nothing. The trick, I think, is to learn to love good foods in proper proportions. I know nobody wants to "deprive" themselves, but truly, donuts and retried beans are nobody's friend.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I posted a reply yesterday. Refried beans are just mashed beans. TACO BELL refried beans are probably not a healthy choice, but refried beans are fine if prepared right. They can easily be prepared in a healthy way, and can even be made vegetarian.

Yes, most diet foods are rubbish.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i love to cook!!!! you can hand me a bunch of ingredients and i will have a meal ready with what you gave me . my problem has always been moderation and lack of exercise .
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I find that my busy schedule and house full of people prevents me sometimes from eating healthy. Indeed to check in here more often to pick up some inspiration from y'all to eat better and feel better!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Yes there is always the trade off either added fat or sugar in addition to chemicals to help these foods become palatable. Frozen strawberries with a couple of teaspoons of sugar are so much more tasty, healthy and satisfying than a tiny cake from weight watchers or others.