Workouts

Options
amyb9685
amyb9685 Posts: 17 Member
My favorite way to workout is finding Zumba on YouTube and doing it with my girls (3&5). I usually start or finish with doing some just dance kids with them too.
What are your favorite workouts?

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba before and it was great. You can really get your heart rate up with it! Our instructor got to be pretty repetitive with it though, so I ended up losing interest because it was the same dance moves all of the time.

My favorite workouts are step aerobics at the gym, but I haven't gotten back there since my 2 year old was born (I feel too guilty about missing time with her)! I enjoy doing videos at home, but it's just not the same. I miss the social aspect, I guess. Lately, I've been getting into running on my treadmill, trying a Couch 2 5K program to train for a race in April that benefits the school. I have a playlist of motivational workout music videos that I play on it while running that fires me up!

Shannon
  • SallyJoT
    SallyJoT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My favorite work outs involve weight lifting or resistance training. I love working with Kettlebells and free weights. I prefer a work out that leaves me feeling like I worked my muscles. I have tried workouts that involving dancing and I am just to uncoordinated. Such a bummer, lol
  • bandnerdtx
    bandnerdtx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the exercise bike! I put on my current Netflix binge and just peddle away! I have started strength training the past 2 weeks, and it's a challenge, but I feel good!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't know about any of you, but I don't think I ever really found my exercise niche! I hear people say once they found a workout they liked, they kept up with it for years. I tend to get into something for a few months, then get bored. For a while, I was into weightlifting like you Sally. I like biking and would love to do outdoor rides, but to put it bluntly, my behind and inner thighs get so bruised it looks like I got beat with a baseball bat. I can only do the recumbent bike I have at home.... but no great views with that, since it's in the basement. :-P

Shannon