Phentermine stopped working.

Options
These meds don't work for me anymore. Anyone else experience this? What did you do? Any alternatives?

Replies

• jennahiggins782015
    Options
    I was told (by my doctor), that when they stop working, I'll have to go off of them for a time, and then they will put me back on them. I see my PA and Nutritionist once a month, more if I need it.

They have yet to release me to do high impact exercises.

I'm not a doc, so this isn't medical advice and I recommend seeing your prescribing doctor.

1. Make sure you are eating enough calories. It should be from whole nutritious foods.
    2. Try to eat as little processed foods as necessary.
    3. Make sure you are drinking enough water (1/2 your body weight). Water helps with absorption of vitamins, digestion, and elimination.
    4. Make sure you aren't vitamin deficient.
    5. Lots of protein, it helps to make you feel fuller, longer.
    6. Sleep- one of the most important parts of getting and staying healthy. It's also one of the biggest helps in weight loss.
    7. Exercise- this doesn't mean to kill yourself in a gym, 15 to 30 minutes of something you enjoy doing. Yoga, weight resistance, Tai Chi....depends on your health and fitness level.

If you are doing all of these combined and still not losing, definitely make a doc's appointment.

Stay positive, sometimes our body needs to adjust to the weight we've already lost.