Options
Who's excited about 16.1?

We're doing it tomorrow night. Nothing in this WOD I can't do. Of course the lunges and the 20 mins time are going to be brutal.

Can't wait

Replies

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty stoked for it.The 20 minute time is going to be rough for sure. The chest to bars will definitely be my weak point but as long as I stay consistent with 2 or 3 at a time I think I should do okay. Good luck!
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I did it scaled this am. Got killed by everyone in the gym, but it was fun and my movement was pretty constant. I gotta get faster on burpees, but I'm still out of shape from my layoff. It was a fun time anyway. 139 reps. 2 females finished scaled at 190 and the guy that did Rx had 127. There was one other female but I can't remember what her score was, but I remember that she beat me.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Tonight, can't wait to get this thing started!
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I did it this morning, scaled. I received a score of 195. The worse part for me was the burpees. My advise would be just to keep moving, breath, and keep that core tight on the lunges. The time is long, but the reps are short. I was able to keep a steady pace the entire time and that as amazing for me.
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did it this morning RX with a score of 53. My goal was just to get 1 round finished and I doubled that. Those lunges were REALLY hard for me. The burpees and C2B were easy compared to that (first time for that!). I got my first C2B last year so it was nice to get 16 of them today and I could have done a lot more. I really need to up my weights in the next year.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I knew I could do OH walking lunges at 65lbs BUT I can't do chest to bar. I tried warming it up before too and I just can't get my chest to make contact with the bar :[! Soo I did scaled and got 191. I probably took more breaks than I needed to and having short legs is a disadvantage on those lunges but I'm happy I survived those 20 minutes!
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    141 rx, that was painful!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I did scale because my C2B is not yet there. I just started unassisted pull-ups and its not quite chest level yet. I didn't even attempt OH lunges. I did Scaled and got 250rep. It was exactly 8 lunges to cover the 25. Pretty happy with the score but really makes me think I should have tried Rx.
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I knew I could do OH walking lunges at 65lbs BUT I can't do chest to bar. I tried warming it up before too and I just can't get my chest to make contact with the bar :[! Soo I did scaled and got 191. I probably took more breaks than I needed to and having short legs is a disadvantage on those lunges but I'm happy I survived those 20 minutes!

That was me 2 years ago on 14.2. I was pretty good at pullups and could get high enough but couldn't get my chest to touch. I finally figured it out last year and got my first C2B in 15.2. It was great not to be scared of the C2B this year, but 65# was a killer for me. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    16.1 was a hell of a lot harder than it looked on paper (but isn't that how every WOD is?).

I did it Friday and didn't pace myself right. I wound up having to take some long 15-20 second breaks between several movements and the CTB were much harder than I was expecting them to be. I finished with 143 Rx but wasn't happy with my effort, so I re-did the workout yesterday. I was much smarter with my pacing, so I kept moving pretty much the entire time, with the exception of some 5 second breaks during CTB to try to regain a tad of strength. CTB second time around were even harder (not enough recovery) so I had close to 10 reps I had to re-do when my chest just missed touching the bar. Damn. I was able to squeak out a few more reps due to smarter pacing and finished with 146 Rx. I wish the score had been higher, but at least I was happy with my effort the second go round.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    16.1 was a hell of a lot harder than it looked on paper (but isn't that how every WOD is?).

I did it Friday and didn't pace myself right. I wound up having to take some long 15-20 second breaks between several movements and the CTB were much harder than I was expecting them to be. I finished with 143 Rx but wasn't happy with my effort, so I re-did the workout yesterday. I was much smarter with my pacing, so I kept moving pretty much the entire time, with the exception of some 5 second breaks during CTB to try to regain a tad of strength. CTB second time around were even harder (not enough recovery) so I had close to 10 reps I had to re-do when my chest just missed touching the bar. Damn. I was able to squeak out a few more reps due to smarter pacing and finished with 146 Rx. I wish the score had been higher, but at least I was happy with my effort the second go round.

Nice job even reattempting that one. I've been debating it myself the last couple of days, my glutes keep screaming "no."
  • DanTheeMan
    DanTheeMan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did it Scaled and was not only pleased with my performance but had a blast also judging and cheering my fellow athletes too at the Hanscom Warrior Training Center :)
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've seen lots of people talking about how sore their legs/glutes were after 16.1. I think the only reason I wasn't is because I did a WOD 2 weeks ago with Front Rack Lunges (135#) along with Wall Balls (30#). I could barely walk the rest of that week :'(
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I did it scaled and got 260 which pleased me .. my a** is on fire now though ... :o
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Lunges always screw up my legs. Which means I should probably do them weekly until they don't.

Got 130 scaled. Like Upstate I charged out of the gate too strong and the burpees became my undoing. I did the workout at 8:30am at Crossfit New England and am glad I chose not to eat breakfast, because after a few burpees near the end I thought "if there was anything in my stomach it would be coming up right now"
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    155 Rx'd. I paced myself pretty well. I was really worried about the lunges, but it was the C2Bs that slowed me down - largely did them as singles.
  • mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I got 170 scaled. I wonder if I could have done better, but overall very happy.
    Because of work I can never make the Friday Night Lights at my box which is sort of sad.