That's true, thank you :)
  • arnottr3
    arnottr3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 260
    Week one: 256.8
    Week two: 255.8
    Week three: 253.2
    Successes/set backs: Added more protein to my diet. Only thing I'm confused about is my calorie intake. Been exercising alot more and eating under calorie intake. The thing I find though is the days I splurge a bit more and eat alot of calories the next moring is when I notice the scale jump down. So do I eat more? I dunno
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great job on the seven pounds. I don't have a good answer. The MFP answer would be eat back your calories that your exercise away. I think there is some good advice here because you want to build muscle because ultimately that is what is going to burn the fat. If you are feeding your body you can't build muscle.
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Thanks :) you are probably right. I had the mind set of how models are so thin and don't eat much so how come I'm not dropping? Haha. They don't look they have any muscle though so my body is probably holding on to my fat in survival mode. Im going to up my intake and see how this week turns out :) thanks for the feedback.
  • emshields1
    Options
    Hey, I am in the same spot is some ways. The scale is not moving for me but I bought new jeans yesterday because my others wouldn't stay up with the belt. I don't want to delude myself but I think I am changing my shape but the scale refuses to move. A little frustrated.
  • arnottr3
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Current weight 255.6
    So this has been a bad week. Life seems to have pulled the rug out again. Ladies I would like to say stay on top of your breast health. I'm up in weight this week due to stress eating. My mom was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. If you are the type that only rely on self breast exams I strongly urge you to do annual breast ultra sounds. My mom's was not felt by the doctor but turned up on an ultrasound. It is very small and hasn't spread outside of the breast. Due to early detection good chance they can just remove the lump and kemo. So ladies I strongly urge you to get tested. For yourself and for the people who love you. If you have someone in your family who has it your chances go up greatly but that doesn't mean if there is no one in your family that you are in the clear.
  • JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Jodi, so sorry to hear about your Moms breast cancer. Sounds like she has a good plan and glad she found it early. My prayers are with her and all your family for a speedy full recovery.
    Remember to find ways to relieve stress by being good to yourself and gentle compassionate self care.
    This can be a reminder of why we made health goals in the first place. This is the only body we will have to carry ourselves through this life...health is priceless. Don't forget you while loving your mom through this treatment. Take care.
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Thank you. She is staying positive and wants to keep working out till surgery in a couple weeks. She has been my workout buddy. She told me she wants me to keep going so after her recovery I can push her again at the gym. So I'm going to keep it up. Plus there is a cancer run for the cure on October so that is my new goal. If it wasn't caught early though I probably would of just let it all go. She is keeping me going. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. If you do a physical every year ask for an ultrasound and not just a physical breast check. You never know. Could save you life.
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I, too, am sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad she's staying positive...and that you are too.
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Thank you Jillian
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Week four: 255.6
    Week five: 252.2

• JBsJazz
    Options
    Great job Jodie!! :)
  • arnottr3
    Options
    I'm back. Guess I'm starting at day one but at 250 lbs haha. Mom's doing well. Cancer in breast is small. Lump and limp node beingum56yhxt6vsm.jpg
    wo2c041ifrnd.jpg
    a4lmy654asfa.jpg
    removed on April 1 then 25 rounds of radiation. She is lucky it was caught early. So back to focusing on hitting my goal.ymsgr7svgywz.jpg
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    That's great news about your mom! AND you're down 10 pounds total! Awesome!
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    Welcome back Jodie! Great news about Mom :)
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Thanks gals :) looking forward to weekly goals. This group is great! Looks like we are down some people but hopefully they come back too.
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Week four: 255.6
    Week five: 252.2
    Week six: N/A
    Week seven: N/A
    Week eight: 250
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    Not only did you maintain your wt, you actually lost wt during this stress filled time !! That is fabulous Jodie :)
    You will be in the 240's soon.... :p
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Thanks:) I've been waiting to see the scale hit the 240s haha. Seems like a long time to get there so when I see it on the scale it will be one barrier on my goal weight chart.
  • emshields1
    Options
    Jodi, great news about your Mom and great to see you back and down weight!!! Way to go.