Describe Your Diet Day!

Options
FergyGirl2016
FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
Question for all group members: What diet (or "Way Of Eating") are you doing, to reach the group goal of "20 Pounds or More Down by June"?

Do you vary from day to day, or do you stick to a specific diet?

Do you get on the scales every day? Or do you only check once a week?

How are you feeling? Hungry? Anxious? Optimistic? Going through a rough time?

What would you like to say about your diet? Good, bad, tweaks?

Just wondering!

Fergy <3

Replies

• mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What diet (or "Way Of Eating") are you doing, to reach the group goal of "20 Pounds or More Down by June"?
    Breakfast: protein shake 22 oz
    Lunch: protein shake 22oz
    Dinner: usually 4 oz boneless chicken breast (baked) with green beans or salad with fat free dressing.

Doesn't change too much for these first 4 weeks. I'm sticking to high protein for my dinner.

For the whole day my goals are no more than 25mg fat per day and 1000 calories.

Every day

Yes, hungry and anxious. Very optimistic but disappointed I haven't developed a strong exercise routine yet besides walking. Plan to join a gym tomorrow after work

My diet is very strict and it's hard. I don't eat any breads, pasta, sweets. It's all high lean protein. I hate having hunger pains so I keep extra protein shakes in the fridge for this reason. I went to the Dr. last Friday and started on Adipex. Seems to help with hunger but doesn't take it away completely.

I am supplementing the calorie deficit with Multi-Vitamin, A Probiotic and Fish Oil. Plan to start a fat burn supplement soon.

The GOOD part about this strict diet is that I don't have the belly bloat and my face is starting to slim down and not be so puffy.

Now, in my second month I will be introducing whole wheat pastas & breads in small portions.
  • Journeytofit2016
    Journeytofit2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What diet (or "Way Of Eating") are you doing, to reach the group goal of "20 Pounds or More Down by June"?

I am a vegan, I just transitioned from a vegetarian to a vegan recently.

I do vary from day to day, some days I eat 1500, the next probably 2000. The only specific part of eating for me is to keep my macros around 90% carbs, 5% protein, and 5% fat.

I try not to use the scale since when you're exercising and dieting at the same time, you can gain muscle and the scale may still stay the same, and that can be very discouraging to most.

I feel great most of the time because of how I'm eating and working out :smile:

My diet isn't bad, I just wish it wasn't winter! I would have much more variety in fruit and vegetables! :smile:
  • FergyGirl2016
    Options
    Best of luck to you both, and thanks so much for sharing your experiences! This is really interesting and helpful!
  • VoiceWithNoValue
    VoiceWithNoValue Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just eat what I ate before, just less portion and swap some food I usually fry to steam/boil.
    I mostly eat the same thing, but if my mother(I still live with the entire family) cook something, it'll change my diet that day.
    I get on the scale everyday because I love to see the daily fluctuations.. Sometimes even a few times a day simply because I love to see the data changing.
    I feel healthier and happier.
    I can't say that it's good or bad since it'll differs from person to person.. For me it's enough already, though not the healthiest.
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    In January I went meatless for an entire month, I highly recommend this to any person who says "I can't go a day without meat." I was so bogged down with all these ridiculous unfounded feelings about different foods and just obsessed with eating out and eating fast food. I thought a meal that didn't have meat was a meal that wasn't worth eating (which is completely ridiculous!!). I needed a revolution, I needed to turn my diet upsidedown! So on Jan 1st 2016 I took the plunge!

I know most people have probably stopped reading by this point because they are probably having all the same unfounded negative feelings towards me that I have had towards so many people who don't eat meat or ate less meat than me (every meal, everyday). But for those who are still with me, try to have an open mind.

So I went the entire month without meat and I lost 15 lbs! I felt amazing! And I learned so so much. I learned about nutrition of course, and I learned a ton about cooking! But more importantly I learned so much about myself. It really opened my mind and my eyes. As someone who has a live affair with eating I'm so grateful to myself for doing this because I have a whole new world of foods to eat that I never would have tried before and probably wrinkled my nose at more than once!

I'm not saying everyone should try this, but I challenge everyone in this group to get a little crazy and try something new. You'll thank me and yourself if you do!!

Now I eat meat a few times a week and I'm still taking full advantage of all the great cooking techniques I learned in January. If anyone is looking to eat less meat and wants a great meatless recipe to try, send me a message and I'll share my favorites with you!

Good luck everyone!
  • no_pink_skirts
    no_pink_skirts Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My diet now is just eating more fruits, veggies, and lean protein sources. I was eating like garbage before with a lot of fast/processed foods. My main goal is to stay within 5% of my macros, so 50-25-25 is the breakdown for me personally. I'm weighing EVERYTHING when I eat at home and its helping me be more cognizant of portion sizes. I still eat out occasionally, but when I do, I choose the healthier options by researching the nutrition facts online before I go. I'm trying to remember that this is a life change that I want to make permanently, so I'm just adjusting my CHOICES accordingly.
    My foods vary day to day because I get bored easily, and I want to try some new things. I just focus on my macro goals rather than eating certain specific things.
    I only weigh once a week since all the little variations are often due to external factors like whether your hydrated/time of day, plus it keeps me from getting down on myself if the numbers move up.
    I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about things this time. I am hungry sometimes, but now I'm trying to reach for snacks that are more satisfying rather than chips or other junk like in the past. I know I'll screw up occasionally and I also know that's natural. I'm hoping that my more realistic attitude this time will help make the change from temporary to permanent.
    The only other thing I'll say about my diet is I need to try a wider variety of vegetables. I'll eat pretty much any fruit, but veggies are limited and I feel like I'm probably missing out on some good stuff right now due to a lifelong lack of exposure
  • FergyGirl2016
    Options
    smit7633 a whole month without meat sounds like a really healthy vacation for the digestion and intestinal system! Way to go with the commitment to health, and congratulations on those 15 pounds!

no pink skirts I really enjoyed reading your post too, I like a lot of variety and love fruits and veggies.

Best of luck to us all!

Sue <3
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I watch my calorie intake, I try not to go over 1300 a day. I clean a lot and recently started walking with the kids. On pretty days I walk when I get my son off the bus. For me not food is off limits. If I want a candy bar I get it as long as it fits in my daily allowance. It doesn't happen often and it helps me from the binges I use to do. I have stuck with it for almost 60 days and am down 35 pounds.

I try to stick to once a week on weigh in's. Doing that I see a bigger loss to keep me motivated.

I am rarely hungry eating the way I do.

This year has hit me with one blow after another. On January 12th my youngest was diagnosed with Autism. It wasn't a surprise but it still stung. Now we are looking into therapies for him. On January 31st my favorite Aunt passed away. She was my second mom. And yesterday my bf got a letter from work stating they are shutting their doors on May 1st. My first instinct was to grab something sweet. Then I thought I have come to give in.

As far as my diet I am learning daily. It's good for now but will be tweeked along the way. I am in for the long haul. I have 85 pounds left to lose and I will do it.
  • FergyGirl2016
    Options
    Congratulations on those 35 pounds Louann that's a great accomplishment! I'm so sad you've had such a rough year. I hope the remainder of the year is a lot happier and non-stressful!
    Sue Ferguson <3
  • tigakai
    tigakai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on keto so I keep to less than 20g carbs each day. I keep calories targeted 1000 cals as a limit but when I exercise in the morning it really kickstarts my metab so 1000-1200 is what I hang around. Weight loss is a goal but I'm focused on keeping my energy levels up and discipline in. Feeling great and I stay more full then with a carby diet, as soon as I cut sugar and starches out my belly deflates and my legs hold less water too!

To keep myself from oversnacking after work (I get out late) I take some hot tea. This has been really successful!
  • svgordon
    svgordon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    - During the week I pretty much stick to the same diet:
    oatmeal with nuts (breakfast); yogurt, blueberries, chia seeds (am snack); chicken, grilled veggies (lunch); cut veggies with hummus or PB (pm snack); protein shake (post workout), dinner is usually light. Limit eating out during the week - if I have to, I choose something not too outlandish.

Saturday is my cheat meal. I cheat - but still try my best to make it a "healthier-cheat" (haha just made that word).

I hop on the scale everyday. But record it on MFP every 10 or so days.

I am going through a personal rough time at the moment - which I am hoping will pass quick.

I have always eaten (and drank) like crap. September 2015 was when I started adding/removing one thing at a time. Drinking water, to me, was very foreign till then. Now I have an app to track my water intake and I am finally down to 100oz a day, give or take a small %. Limiting alcohol to Friday/Saturday nights. I am thinking about including a smoothie/juice once a day in my diet....

• gpsepulveda
    gpsepulveda Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I actually need help with this. I do rather well throughout the week staying around my goal. The weekends are a challenge though.
    I do a 90 minute Zumba class on Saturdays so that helps but I still typically eat poorly on Saturday and Sunday.
    Sometimes I will have dropped a pound or two during the week and lose that progress over the weekend.
    What does everyone do to stay on track during the weekend?
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I actually need help with this. I do rather well throughout the week staying around my goal. The weekends are a challenge though.
    I do a 90 minute Zumba class on Saturdays so that helps but I still typically eat poorly on Saturday and Sunday.
    Sometimes I will have dropped a pound or two during the week and lose that progress over the weekend.
    What does everyone do to stay on track during the weekend?

The weekend isn't really hard for me because my bf goes in for over time on Saturday and Sunday is the start of his week. The bad day for me is Friday. It's pay day and we are usually running a lot. So with us out running and paying bills, grocery store and stuff like that its hard to cook and eat right. We usually eat fast food that day. I have my go to meal at Wendy's which is a regular hamburger and a side salad with low fat dressing. Or I do a kids meal at Bob Evans. They have two that are below 400 calories a meal. If I don't do those two I research a lot. I wont eat any where unless I can find the calorie content.

I am just 60 days into this and I am learning. This biggest thing for me is planning If I am wanting pizza for dinner I work my day around it. If I do biscuits and gravy I do the same thing. I try to only do high fat or sodium meals once a week but have done it a little more this week.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't have a 'set' diet but I'm trying to eat tons of vegetables with a source of protein every meal. I guess you could call it ' fill your plate with bulky but low calorie vegetables so it looks like you are eating a lot' diet! and staying under the calorie goal. I also follow the rule of don't eat white stuff...meaning white bread or pasta. High fiber stuff makes me feel full so I stick with that.
  • FergyGirl2016
    Options
    It's so great to read everyone's replies to this thread! Good luck, and keep on keeping on!
  • IoneTCrosby
    IoneTCrosby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! What i do is omelets ( one or 2 eggs with kale or other green ) low calories bread toast. Coffee with 2 splendas e 2% milk litle cream 12 oz. A cup off orange juice 50 calories. Others day only a mozzarela cheese and coffee . Lunch one banana , apple , carrots, cellery, peanuts,waters and zero calorias drinks ... Other day deferentes fruits like orange or pera or one cheese stick. For dinner a meet with broccoli or sprouts or other vegetables some times including rice or past or beans to .
    Exercise its a challenge! I work every day of week Monday-Friday. I'm a professional house cleaning. Start a 5:30am or 6am every day (until 7or8 am on my house) after wake up ... Clean e organization , feed the 2 dogs , 5 aquariums indoors and pond outside , water the plants , get dress ready go to do more working on others people's houses until some days 6:30 - 7pm . Because my long journey working hours up down steps , bending , vaccum , scrubs and all cleaning requires i don't feel like go to a wake or run or Fitness. But all this 12 hours ou so every day moving every day still don't good enough to keeping me to gain weight. Its very hard not eat and work hard as we do . I feel so hungry out energy. I eat = gain weight = feeling tired. Now a doctor prescribes me hungry suppressor... This way i can eat less , loose and maintain weight better... I'm learning eating new healthy food my this will help to. Other issue is getting older do not help kkk ... When i turn 40 years start having knees problems and need reading glasses... that its ok... 45 back pain ... not more have lifts ... This year i will be 50 ... my present "plantar fasciitis" . Its where i stands on the momento neede a lots improvement on my schedule , life stille , healthy.... I will planing in making the changes to aloud me to Live better. Thank you all for the support!!! I appreciate it very much!!!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Question for all group members: What diet (or "Way Of Eating") are you doing, to reach the group goal of "20 Pounds or More Down by June"?
    I am trying to lower my caloric intake while tracking

varies

weekly

going through a rough time

What would you like to say about your diet?
    not working unless I WORK it
    I also need exercise
    I'm not very disciplined right now
    any encouragement would be helpful