Introductions

bronbuts
bronbuts Posts: 2 Member
Let us all introduce ourselves! Leave your name due date, location, starting weight, goals and plans for keeping active and healthy. Even a photo!
I'll start,

My name is bronwyn and I am Canadian. I have 8 weeks 1 day and due October 2 with my second child. I am currently 121 lbs. I am following an exercise regimen from a fit mama pregnancy book! Currently suffering from pretty bad morning sickness so it's tough eating right.

Replies

• Hi Bronwyn. I'm Abbey. From NZ. Due late August. 2nd child. Never lost the baby weight from the first (12yrs ago). Not been sick once thank goodness but got some definite citrus cravings and need the crunch. I've been scoffing tomato, cucumber and capsicum chooped salads smothered in lemon for the last week. Not the worst thing to be wanting haha.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Hi Both.
    I am Cheryl from UK.
    I am 8+3 and due October 7th.
    I am currently 193.6lb and my goal for this pregnancy is not to put on any unnecessary weight.
    I have been craving all manner of sweet things and I have very bad so far and been stuffing my face. Hopefully I can curb that. Put on 2.5lb last week :-(
    So far I have got away with the morning sickness, only thing to get me going is the smell of stale cigarette smoke.
    Exercise has been zero because I have been so tired. Hopefully my energy levels will raise soon and I can get walking or on the elliptical after work.

Lets get through this together :-)
  • dkwahine
    dkwahine Posts: 9 Member
    Hi. I'm Akesia, 35 years old and my husband and I are expecting our first baby. Yay!!! I suffer from PCOS and am very over weight (need to lose over 100 lbs), so my goal is to not gain weight during my pregnancy. I've lost 14 lbs as of my last appointment and my doctor says if I get lower that's perfectly fine and typical of a larger pregnant woman. I'm still having nausea lasting the entire day and food aversions due to scent and taste, but I'm hoping it's almost over since I've hit the 3 month mark.

How Far Into Pregnancy: 12w5days
    Due Date: October 2, 2016
    Plan: I haven't been able to exercise much because of my pregnancy being high risk. I've been stretching a lot daily and plan to do weights at home, squats, continue stretching and to include pilates into my day. *** I am open to any advice and tips/suggestions. ***
  • TabithaLK
    TabithaLK Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm Tabitha. I live in Minnesota, US. I am currently about 9 weeks pregnant (due 11/3/16) with our second child. My daughter just turned one, so I'm still breastfeeding. I gained 43 pounds with my first pregnancy despite careful logging throughout my pregnancy. I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight about 4 months ago (135 lbs.). I am really hoping to keep my weight gain closer to 25 pounds this time. With a little one, working part-time, a workaholic husband and first trimester fatigue, I'm finding it difficult to find time to exercise. I'm open to tips or ideas!
  • dkwahine
    dkwahine Posts: 9 Member
    Tabitha, I'm also open to ideas, tips or suggestions. Did you exercise while pregnant with your first little one? I've been given the okay to begin light exercise. I'm almost 13w5d right now. All I can think of is walking and stretching. I don't know what is okay/safe.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Hi I'm due October 2, I live in Los Angeles. This is my first pregnancy!! I started overweight at about 180 pounds and 5'7". I had been dieting and trying to lose weight at the time. My healthy (non-pregnant) weight range is 120-160 pounds, and my personal ideal weight is 145-150. I'm 13 weeks and I'm still around 180 pounds on the scale. My body looks and feels bigger though and I can't fit into my clothes from a couple months ago. I've just been walking. I walk 60 minutes around 3 days a week. I'm open to exercising more if I can make the time. I feel like I've been eating so much, I wish I could eat less but I feel like my baby boy is forcing me to eat. At least I'm eating nutritiously. I only drink water, but I have been having a bowl of ice cream most nights recently. I don't want to gain too much weight, I'd be happy with 15-20 pounds.
  • brismith88
    brismith88 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I'm due November 20th... this is my first pregnancy and maybe I'm a wimp but so far it has been a doozy. I'm 8 weeks now and have been having pretty bad all-day nausea (though no vomiting so far) since 5 weeks. Between the nausea and the fatigue my diet and exercise has gone drastically downhill and I've already gained 4 pounds! I started at 137 and was 141 at my doctor's visit last week. I want to start logging my food and work on getting some healthy foods and exercise back into my life.
  • StrawberryAqua
    StrawberryAqua Posts: 16 Member
    My name is Janae, I'm due November 13 (9w5d), I live in Idaho where my husband and I go to school, I started at 145 but I feel better at 130, I used to exercise regularly but I just finished a really busy semester. My goal for the first trimester is to maintain the best I can, and then gain 25.
    I used to do 15 minutes of yoga 2-3 times a week, but I can only make it halfway through a 15-minute beginner routine now. Besides that, I have a mini trampoline and have to walk for most transportation, but I'm afraid of wearing through shoes since money is tight. Oh, and I'll have a swimming class 2 days a week starting Monday.
  • sarahiverson333
    sarahiverson333 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, everyone! My name is Sarah. I'm expecting my 4th baby in November so I'm at 9 weeks right now. I live on a ranch in Montana where I homeschool and wrangler my three kids. I am starting out around 140lbs which is at least ten pounds bigger than I have been previously. I've been using a pedometer to track my steps and make 10,000 steps a day but that's it for exercising. My goal is to maintain this weight for as long as possible and eat better! For all those suffering from morning sickness, 4-8 weeks seems to be the worst or it was for me with all my kids. I'm just out of the woods with it now, thank God!