Do you treat? If so, how often?

Options
cpw2109
cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
As per title, really?

Do you treat yourself, food-wise, when you reach a milestone/achievement? If so, what are your milestones/achievements?

I've decided that I'm going to treat myself whenever I lose a full stone in weight and also whenever my weight starts with a new number.

So, I started at 20st 10lb. I treated myself to a meal with friends at 19st something (instead of ordering less calorific food, I had steak & a dessert). At 19st 10lb, I had a meal with my GF at Wagammama's (ended up with chilli and beef ramen, which was low calorie anyway, but I ordered what I wanted - going out was the treat). At the turn of 18st something I treated myself to a McDonald's breakfast (again, during that day, I stayed within my allowances).

Last week, I hit my 18st 10lb target - this meant that I'd treat myself to a takeaway - so I'm having chicken kebab (on naan bread), with chip shop chips.

I think I'm looking forward to this treat more than any treat that I've had so far.

Next treat is when my weight starts with that new number - 17st something. Hopefully, it'll be in around 5 weeks time - so I'll be able to have something tasty in February.

Replies

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I don't treat myself with food but I do buy myself or do something for myself for every 10lbs I've lost. Like, what is something you've always wanted to do but never done?

It's not the best habit to use food as a reward because it attaches emotions to it. When it comes to food I eat what I want but I plan for it. Like my brother's birthday is on Saturday so I'll go for a run in the morning so I can have takeout/a cupcake in the evening.

Congrats on losing two stone though, that's amazing. What did you do to achieve that? What exercises, etc? :smiley:
  • cpw2109
    Options
    Thank you - I suppose it depends on your 'relationship' with food. I'm not emotional with food.

I've lost weight by cutting out rubbish snacks, not eating fast food, eating a proper breakfast (9/10 my breakfast is 2 x eggs on a thin bagel), I've also cut out calorific drinks - I was getting into the habit of having 4-5 sachets of latte per day (at 100kcal per drink - that was an easy way to cut 500kcal/day).

I've not done a huge amount of exercise and I have a sedentary job. I play badminton once per week (a 2 hour session, but probably no more than 90 minutes playing), I go to the gym once in a blue moon.

90% nutrition,10% exercise.
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't treat myself with food for rewards but I do eat whatever I want as long as I can fit it into my calorie budget. Like if I want a piece of pizza I eat it but make sure that I go light on my other meals for the day. I also limit those high calorie foods, like just 1 piece of pizza. In the past I would easily eat 2 or more. I think for me where I have derailed in my diet in the past was not eating stuff I really like. Now I eat what I want but most of the time it is pretty healthy. I log EVERYTHING no matter what and practice portion control.
  • muziique
    muziique Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't treat myself with food or do "cheat days" since I really don't deprive myself anyway and eat what I feel like but stay within my calorie limit. So instead I will reward myself with new workout clothes, especially cute workout tops, and sneakers.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have a once a week "cheat" day. It is probably slowing my weight loss a little. I am only loosing about a 1/2 pound a week. However, it is helping me stick to my diet in the long term. I figure slow and steady is better than quickly crashing and burning.
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't use food for milestones. But I do set goals and reward with things I want. When I hit 70 pounds I git a Fitbit (this month) and when I got 100 pounds gone I am buying everything I need to give myself a gel mani/pedi at home.
  • cpw2109
    Options
    Well, last week, I hit the 3st loss mark. I'm due a treat of some sort, but I'm now getting to a point where I don't really want the naughty food treats. I might save it for a rainy day...