pepperoni pizza chicken bake

Options
ettaterrell
ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2015/01/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza-chicken-bake.html?m=1

Husband who's not in low carb loved this too, next time I will add sautéed mushrooms and bell peppers to it. (Follow directions for sauce to keep it from being runny, I used great valu brand from walmart because it had less carbs)

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Well, I just put pepperoni on my shopping list. This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Your welcome it's very good!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    And I bought the ingredients for this at Costco an hour ago.
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    genius
  • motown13
    Options
    Well, bad news for me.... we bought a 3 pound bag of pepperoni 4 days ago. I opened the bag last night, and the pepperoni is all grey and brown looking. I plan to see if they will take it back.
  • bametels
    Options
    Well after all the terrible weather over the holiday weekend, I finally got to the store to buy pepperoni. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow :)
  • motown13
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    Well after all the terrible weather over the holiday weekend, I finally got to the store to buy pepperoni. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow :)

Let us know how it was.

• bametels
    Options

Let us know how it was.

[/quote"]

As requested, my review!

THIS . IS . AMAZING!!!

So easy, so delicious. I served it over some sauteed baby spinach and it looked great, too!

This dish is absolutely company-worthy.

And, I second ettaterrell's caution to follow directions about reducing the sauce. I was rushing and did not simmer it down enough. It was a bit too wet and it kept some of pepperoni from achieving its maximum, crispy awesomeness.

• ettaterrell
    Options
    Glad you liked it! I can't wait to try again with other toppings!!
  • bametels
    Options
    I was thinking that when I make it for my extended family that I would make some with ground sausage in addition to the pepperoni version. I LOVE pepperoni but some family members don't and I think it would be great with sausage, too!
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Yummy!
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I tried this last night. I thought it was great and I'm having the leftovers for lunch, but my pizza-loving husband was not too keen on it. Last nights was with pepperoni, but I can't wait to try it with ham and pineapple. Also, I think the link recommends too much baking. Next time I plan to do 350F for 20 minutes instead of 400F for 25 minutes.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    :p
  • bametels
    Options
    I took chicken breast of out of the freezer this afternoon so that I can make it again tomorrow!
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    I took chicken breast of out of the freezer this afternoon so that I can make it again tomorrow!

I have on menu for weekend... Going to add peppers and mushrooms this time!
  • motown13
    Options
    I am making the sauce right now.... this is tonight's dinner
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Let us know what u think! I'm cooking it again this week too
  • motown13
    Options
    I had one bite, and liked it, but I just wasn't in the mood when it hit the table. My kids asked to have it again. :)
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Oh lord I do that too! Cook for everyone and then when it's time to eat I don't want to!