The Girl on the Train - January Book

Options
mabug01
mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
A thriller by Paula Hawkins, this book is a #1 New York Times Bestseller

I started this book 2 days ago and I find it to be a page-turner. Hope you will like it, too.

Replies

• mabug01
    Options
    I'm half way through this book now and it's very good. Have you received your copies yet?
  • mabug01
    Options
    I'm thinking that this author doesn't like men very much
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    No haven't gotten it yet., glad it's a page turner. Son moved out and I'm getting used to it. Hey still 15 minutes away! He made me dinner last night in his apartment and I had to sit on the box and eat from a big plastic bowl but it was delicious!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Just got book today will start it this weekend. Looking forward to it. Will keep you posted.
  • lenoresaari
    Options
    Ok me 2
  • mabug01
    Options
    OK, well I guess everyone did figure out the new thread. L - love the story about your son's new place. It's fun to watch them figure things out on their own. I'm reading " An Uncommon Education" by Elizabeth Percer. I found it at the dollar store, but it's very good anyway.
  • mabug01
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How do you like the Girl on the Train?

Have you any suggestions for a February/March book? I'll suggest The Glass Castle, or The Ocean at the End of the Lane, to start off the choosing.
  • lenoresaari
    Options
    Hi I am not started with Girl on Train but I have it on loan for another 10 days. I am open to any ideas for the next one. I am quite slow ... obviously have trouble reading one a month but I am trying to stay with it. Either one of the above but may not get to it til end of Feb.
  • lenoresaari
    Options
    Im really not a slow reader; I have just been busy. Like working out 5 days a week, holding down a demanding and busy job, going to meetings and also trying to keep the house and yard tidy takes alot of time.
  • mabug01
    Options
    Yes, I know what you mean, L. It's that time of year when everyone seems to bustle about. The baby is 5 months old today and he really takes a lot of time, too. Crawling is just around the corner. Great job working out 5 days a week, you are really committed.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    hi... just finished struggling with tree roots clogging up main drain!!!! Think I would rather watch a movie than read a book :blush: I, also have not finished our Jan. selection. Put it aside to read my current book club selection and be the dynamo with a plunger. Still want to finish it. But we can think ahead to March. I have read the 2 selections suggested. The Glass Castle is definitely a 4 tissue read. And the Gaiman book left me in the minority of not liking the style very much. Have either of you read Isabel Allende?...I love her.
  • mabug01
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ah! The joys of homeownership. . . I did read Isabel Allende once and I thought she was good, too. I could definitely read another book by her. I read her book called Eva Luna.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Joys...hmmm. Not today :). Suggestion - Daughter of Fortune by Allende.
  • mabug01
    Options
    Allende works for me. I believe L was going to keep reading Train through February; L if you finish Train, would you be interested in reading Daughter of Fortune in Feb?
  • steppingstones
    Options
    I am back to reading Train, also. L. Hope you like suggestion.
    :wink: let you all know when I am off the Train. m
  • lenoresaari
    Options
    Daughter of fortunes is good with me and im still on train
  • mabug01
    Options
    End of February already! Shall we call the Allende book our March selection? How did you like Train?
  • lenoresaari
    Options
    Train was interesting. The plot twisted and turned and never expected who dun it to be who dun it!
    The main character seemed depressed or was it just me? Dont think I am . Ok I will get Allende next... for March. Thanks you both for always picking such great books.
  • lenoresaari
    Options
    Waiting on the library to get it in stock
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Twists and turns for sure. I am kind of getting to be less of a fan of the back and forth. L. I also likedthat the ending was a surprise. Depressed...oh, I think so too. Have another drink :/ !
    Glad to have read it as it has been a best seller for over a year. It is compared to Gone Girl which I think I preferred. On to Allende which should be good. Off on vaca so will be slow on getting to the new choice.