Coconut Chocolate Pudding

Options
I had taken to having a couple of spoonfuls of coconut cream for dessert and realised I could make chocolate pudding with it!

It's super quick and simple.

I use 100 ml coconut cream with 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and just mix them together with a spoon. I enjoyed it without any sweetener, but you could always add in your favourite sweetener to sweeten it up.

If your coconut cream wasn't refrigerated, I'd recommend chilling it for an hour before eating it.

If you can only buy coconut milk, just scoop the cream out of the tin and leave the coconut water behind.

Replies

• motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I never saw just the cream.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I've never looked for it in the grocery store but when I saw this recipe, I looked online. I found it at several online sites.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    I've never looked for it in the grocery store but when I saw this recipe, I looked online. I found it at several online sites.

Nice! The brand I buy here in the UK is Blue Dragon. I love it. I use it to make Coconut mochas too. I just heat up 100 ml of cream, toss in 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa and add to 3/4 cup of strongly brewed coffee.
  • bametels
    Options
    A coconut mocha - yum! Thanks for sharing this recipe too.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    is there a coconut cream sold in the USA that does not have the chemicals in it? I think it was metabisulfite or something like that.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Yes, here is a link to the best quality coconut cream I've found so far:

http://www.holdthecarbs.com/coconut-cream?search=coconut cream
  • bametels
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Yes, here is a link to the best quality coconut cream I've found so far:

http://www.holdthecarbs.com/coconut-cream?search=coconut cream

Thanks for sharing!

I've got to look at this site more carefully when I have time. It turns out this company is local to me, although at quick glance it looks like they only ship their merchandise.

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good. Thank you!
  • dbz9
    dbz9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this idea! I customized last night and had a super delicious choco-pb pudding

1/2 cup coconut cream
    1 TB unsweetened dark choco powder
    1 TB PB2
    1 tsp stevia extract

Dahhhhhhhlish!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I found this product while recipe, ingredient surfing last night, so glad to know it is a good one. Does anyone know if it can be frozen in small quantities?