Cheat days?

Options
AnikaNck
AnikaNck Posts: 17 Member
Does anyone believe in cheat days? I live in a small town and we're constantly having special events on the weekends. today was a chilli and wing cook off. I only ate a beignet topped with caramel sauce, 340 calories later I was almost over my calorie goal even though I worked out extra. I'm constantly under my net calorie goal, but I like to be under every day. Anyone have advice?

Replies

• SearchingforFitness
    Options
    For me cheat days don't work. I prefer to do cheat meals :) If I do a whole day, it often turns into several days unfortunately. But if you are consistently under your calorie goal, go ahead and have a cheat day! You deserve it!! Keep up the good work, I'm really proud of you.
  • BadWolf_Rob
    BadWolf_Rob Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been contemplating a day that I don't have to meet my weight loss caloric intake. My plan is to all make sure I don't go over a maintenance caloric intake. That way I'm still being conscious of what I'm eating but can enjoy something I can't have the rest of the week. Ultimately those cheat days should be more of how I intend to eat once I hit my ultimate goal.
  • freedomofchoicefeo
    freedomofchoicefeo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My idea of a cheat day is based on the amount of exercise I do. Basically the more exercise I do the more I need to eat any ways. The calories that are used up during exercise are being accumulated in to the amount of calories I'm allowed to eat for the day and automatically calculated by the app, so long I'm logging my physical exercise.
    I'm using an exercise app called runkeeper by the way and this app can be connected to MFP.
    I'm also not having a cheat day in the sense that I would eat what I want for the whole day. More like a day where I can have a cheat meal. But this is only because I gain more weight then I take off. So even a little is usually to much for me.