Are you all ready!!

Options
March 1st tomorrow... Woo hoo! Love the feeling of a new month- we've got this!! What are you going to do tomorrow to start this challenge off on the right track?!

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    I've got 1/2 my preassessment done so would like to finish that first thing. I've been getting up in the morning and doing a 20 min. yoga or a Gilad and a little lifting, so I hope to keep that up. Then I try to go to the gym at lunch (though we are skipping Wednesday for Mexican) so I am hoping I can keep this momentum up because of this challenge!!! Here's to us all working on healthy and happy!!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Is should be really nice here today, so I want to get in another outdoor run before it gets chilly again! Plus I'm starting the squat challenge today. And I've been trying a quick "wake up work out" posted in another group to get started each morning.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am ready for a new challenge! I need something to kick me in the butt and I think this is just the challenge to do that!
  • sepoep2
    sepoep2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Started March 1st off right! Diet is 80% of weight loss/health right?!c0ukiooacp1x.jpeg
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Woke up early and worked out!
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Started off bad. Had to take my car in this morning so I skipped my normal breakfast. Having a protein shake and apple which is my normal snacks. Going to have to figure out snacks later.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @trishfit2014 that sounds like you made good of a bad situation. Please don't beat yourself up. Each food choice we make consciously, like you did for breakfast, is great. You could have drifted into a drive thru instead and chosen the biggest meal available :)
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    I am fired up. Squats started. Planks n pushups started (my add). Now to get moving. V cold out and husband on treadmill so it is tempting to sit n read instead but that will not change my body shape in a good way so time to move it move it.
  • mariaheliza2015
    mariaheliza2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined. I haven't been off to a great start but I still have 840 for supper. Lol. And I saved money from my paycheck for a gym membership. Will update later that I got myself to the gym and enrolled! I really need to start drinking water again. I have three kids under 10. We all like veggies. My biggest struggle is knowing what to make and time in which to do it. Please help with recipes and lunchbox ideas!!
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!! I'm excited for this, I've never done a challenge on here before but I'm looking forward to it. I'm off to a good start - sticking to my calories and drinking tons of water :)
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just joined. I haven't been off to a great start but I still have 840 for supper. Lol. And I saved money from my paycheck for a gym membership. Will update later that I got myself to the gym and enrolled! I really need to start drinking water again. I have three kids under 10. We all like veggies. My biggest struggle is knowing what to make and time in which to do it. Please help with recipes and lunchbox ideas!!

What might help you with the water is an app called Waterlogged (it's on the Iphone, not sure about android but I'm sure they have something similar if they don't have it) and if you update to premium it syncs your water with MFP and you can add in whatever sized water bottle you have. I love it so far.

• mscalfee
    mscalfee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm ready but nervous!!
  • sweetestlove1
    sweetestlove1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mx1w26a83ze1.png

Ready!! :smiley:
  • sweetestlove1
    Options
    I've joined challenges in the past with all the best intentions but "life" quickly gets in the way and I fall off the wagon. I'm hoping to stay motivated with the help of all of you! We can do this!
  • sweetestlove1
    Options
    sepoep2 wrote: »
    Started March 1st off right! Diet is 80% of weight loss/health right?!c0ukiooacp1x.jpeg

Way to go!! That looks yummy!
  • healthylifefit
    healthylifefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!! Sounds like we are all off to a great start.. I stepped out of my comfort zone and joined a kickboxing class today! Going to start going regularly- a great work out!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    I've joined challenges in the past with all the best intentions but "life" quickly gets in the way and I fall off the wagon. I'm hoping to stay motivated with the help of all of you! We can do this!

Something like 60% of people do drop out of diets (article online somewhere consistent with last challenge too). I think a trick is finding out why we are doing this n sticking to that ultimate goal even when scale hates us.

For example, my weight has gone up 3lbs in last week despite me doing everything "right" which could be discouraging, especially if I didn't keep eye on longer term. I also know salt levels, TOM and new weight routine also cause short term roller coaster highs. In the past I could have thrown in my gym towel n say what is the point. I give up. How embarassing to record this for others to see on a challenge, I am a failure etc. Now, I know I am not failing, my body is adapting, in its own sweet time!! I have lost over 10kgs so far and dipped to a rate that was faster than usual the week before, so if I record up a kilo at end of the week so be it.

Hope above helps at least one person to keep on their health journey rather than give up on that or this challenge. Good luck everyone.
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Day two of the challenge... hope it goes well for everyone.

I pulled a number yesterday evening and broke my pinky toe on my right foot and severely bruised and messed up the one right next to it. All from accidentally kicking the nightstand. That was smart!!! I always knew I was a bit klutzy but this takes it to a whole new level. This will slow down my E. I love walking and jogging... that will be sidelined a bit. Will have to come up with some upper body workouts for a few days.

Have a good day!!!
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    mx1w26a83ze1.png

Ready!! :smiley:

Love it!!!!
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's having a great start! I'm excited for this challenge!

Yesterday was my son's birthday so I went a little over my calorie goal (not going to skip birthday cake!) But it definitely could have been a lot worse. I'm on track today though so all good!