Working It Out

Options
no_pink_skirts
no_pink_skirts Posts: 914 Member
What's everyone doing for workouts?

I recently started weightlifting. I'm excited about it but OMG deadlifts killed my hamstrings today

Replies

• no_pink_skirts
    Options
    I don't know what happened to the rest of my post!!
    I took a Zumba class on Sat morning and it was so much harder than I thought it would be, but it was tons of fun. I'll probably try to do it 2-3 times a week for cardio.

Anyone doing any type of plan or anything like a squat challenge? How's it working so far?
  • FergyGirl2016
    FergyGirl2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Zumba looks like fun! I'm mostly doing yard work, walking, free weights, squats. I'm not organized about it, just trying to move more and build up some strength and breathing.

I got an ebook like nite that says to do deep breathing to help with weight loss. So I'm going to try that.

Good luck to you!
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just joined a gym yesterday. So far just treadmill and eliptical. Tomorrow I'm going to the weight machines. Was thinking maybe I will alternate strength one day, cardio the next. I meet with a trainer next week for a more focused workout for my goals. Can't wait!
  • gpsepulveda
    gpsepulveda Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I Zumba. I love it! I go to a 90 minute class on Saturdays and I do 3 30-60 minute morning work outs at home on Xbox Fitness. Usually Zumba. Sometimes I do several of the 10 minute solution classes on the Xbox.
    It has been working for me so far. The hardest part is getting up early to work out at home before I go to work.
  • vivrevotrevie
    vivrevotrevie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I go to a Spin class several times a week, and alternate with strengthening. I recently had ACL surgery, so a lot of my exercise is focused on strengthening the quads and hams and avoiding reinjury.
  • alannabuck
    alannabuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly strength training right now, but do jogging on treadmill during my lunch break (building has gym) to help with the stiffness of desk work.

Does anyone use Bodybuilding.com's free BodySpace app? I'm following Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer right now and really love it! Week 5 and I'm actually noticing definition.
  • no_pink_skirts
    Options
    @alannabuck I haven't heard of that. Is it like a program that tells you what to lift?
    I'm going to start the 5x5 program at the end of March. I'm doing some strength training for beginners now to build a strength base and work on getting proper form down completely.

I just played Dance Central on my Xbox for an hour BC I didn't make it to Zumba today.
  • tigakai
    tigakai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do Ballet Beautiful routines and they kick my butt! 30 mins alternating walk and jog on the treadmill in the morning and then BB in the evening for however long it takes to do 3 different muscle groups and stretches before after and along the way.

I like my BB but am thinking to switch back to Kayla Itsines, I did that for 3 weeks last year and liked the results I had.
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into my exercise habits too (miss my old trainer - darn him for moving!) - started back jogging/walking for my cardio. Have a gym membership, but my car just can't seem to make that turn into the parking lot, although I do miss my strength training and how much stronger I was when I lifted regularly. @alannabuck, thanks for the Bodybuilding.com suggestion - I'll be checking into that.
  • svgordon
    svgordon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What's everyone doing for workouts?

I recently started weightlifting. I'm excited about it but OMG deadlifts killed my hamstrings today

I just sent you a friend request.

• svgordon
    Options
    alannabuck wrote: »
    I'm mostly strength training right now, but do jogging on treadmill during my lunch break (building has gym) to help with the stiffness of desk work.

Does anyone use Bodybuilding.com's free BodySpace app? I'm following Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer right now and really love it! Week 5 and I'm actually noticing definition.

I have looked into that - and at first the no cardio the first month threw me off. I have heard nothing but good things about this program. I am starting mid-April!
  • svgordon
    Options
    I do group classes at my gym. (Joined October 2015, been diligently going since January). I love (LOVE) body pump classes. I try to do 3 body pump, 2 days of outdoor run/walk, did body combat last Saturday and planning to go to that once/twice a week. I do enjoy Zumba - but I have also learnt that I cannot dance sober. I enjoyed the zumba toning classes - but starting march the gym has stopped offering them.
  • no_pink_skirts
    Options
    svgordon wrote: »
    I just sent you a friend request.

I got it
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm just walking on the treadmill for an hour at 2.5 mph. I'm at around 250 lbs and the calories I need to maintain that weight is 2600, so it's relatively easy to eat 1800 and burn only 350 cal from exercise and still lose weight because that's an 1150 cal deficit a day.

Besides, I'm pretty busy with grad school right now, so that's all I have time for. But once I'm done and I need to step up my exercise game, I'd love to do kickboxing. Not in a ring against someone else, but on a punching bag. I love the feel of swinging my leg into a bag and putting all my weight into it. It's really exhilarating!
  • nightbird1103
    nightbird1103 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm back at crossfit after having spine surgery 1.5 years ago. I'll be 45 in May and I love it. My new place has lite classes also, which I really enjoy. I never thought I'd be able to get back to crossfit. I used to run quite a bit (I'm slow but used to go for miles). I'm hoping to lose enough to make the running bearable on my old bones :)
    I also do self defense (usually 1x per week) and try to go to hot yoga on Sunday nights to begin my week.
    My biggest challenge is controlling the food with a husband that can eat anything and kids who can take a bite of something and leave it on the counter. That's just not in my DNA....
  • no_pink_skirts
    Options
    So I am working a million hour volleyball tournament this weekend and instead of standing around and sitting on my butt I'm doing a circuit type of body weight exercises every 2 hours. I'm up to 5x10 of squats, donkey kicks, dips, toe touches, hip abd & add, toe raisers, butt kickers, chest squeezes, lat pull downs, shoulder presses and lateral raises. I still have at LEAST 4 hours before I'm off. Gotta get in where you can fit in!!
    Also someone gave me free Starbucks this morning and I'm just trying to work that off ;)
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I hate you Jillian Michaels. but you helped me lost the last 5 so I guess I owe u.
  • dublin448
    dublin448 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Krav Maga courses once a week and I just got a Fitbit and upped my steps from 3500 to 8000 a day. Next is 10,000! Once I'm out of school I'm going to do kickboxing and Krav during the summer months.