Amazing Race & Fitbit Users

Options
NelsonKatelyn
NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
Good Morning!!

I track my exercise with my Fitbit HR, which only reflects calories out, no time involved. How are other users that are participating in the Race going to track time? I had thought about using the 'active minutes' from the Fitbit app. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Replies

• cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This is how I've been doing it: Exercise calories are added to my MFP diary based on my Fitbit activity. I convert them to activity minutes by seeing how many minutes of walking(moderate pace) use that amount of calories.
    Hope that makes sense, it only takes a minute to do. On days that I don't get extra exercise calories I don't take credit for any activity on the spreadsheet.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,000 Member
    Options
    Maybe this sounds too simple, but just take note of the time when you start exercising and then again when you stop.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I use activity minutes but if it seems to high or low I double check my workouts to be sure
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I use whatever time I'm actually exercising but you can use whatever you choose.
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do you have the Charge HR? If so, when you begin exercising, hold down the button. It will start a timer. Then, hold it down again when finished to stop.
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This is how I've been doing it: Exercise calories are added to my MFP diary based on my Fitbit activity. I convert them to activity minutes by seeing how many minutes of walking(moderate pace) use that amount of calories.
    Hope that makes sense, it only takes a minute to do. On days that I don't get extra exercise calories I don't take credit for any activity on the spreadsheet.

I think I like this method best, because you don't just burn calories from exercising. Going back and forth up and down the steps getting the family laundry sorted and put away, climbing a couple flights of stairs at work, running to the car because it's pouring the rain lol all things that will get your heart rate elevated to burn some extra calories, but not something you'd think to time.
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I only log deliberate exercise. I do what was mentioned earlier; hold the Fitbit charge HR button down at the beginning and end of my exercise. I keep a routine so my exercise time is somewhat predictable. 75 minutes in the mornings and 30-60 in the evenings.
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just add up my workouts on the fitbit app for my cycling and treadmill, I just keep track of my lifting times on paper, although I could just press the button for that as well, I guess. I don't keep track of calorie burn when I lift anyway.