Motivated in March

Options

Replies

• CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam, I definitely have the same issue, especially with running a lot. In the last couple months before my wedding, I pretty much only walked (a lot) and that helped me stick to my diet. It's tough to find the right balance. That's why lots of people gain weight when training for marathons. Maybe cut back on the running a bit and walk or do strength training instead.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Yep, Sam, I also had an increased appetite when I up my workouts, particularly in Cardio...Looks like all good advice up there ^^

Not surprisingly I have dropped 3.2 of the 4 pounds that I gained on Vacation and it's a great motivator to keep moving in the same direction! :mrgreen: 22 more pounds to go :open_mouth:

Felt really UN-Strong at last night's Cardio Boxing class, I can tell it's been a while since I had a good body weight/strength workout!

65/1250 minutes :smile:
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am the same as Sarah, exercise regulates and depresses my appetite, I did a fast day on Monday th is week and have kept my cals low, hoping for a loss ny Friday despite the bad weekend, as I'm off on my friends hen weekend qnd know I will be at least a bit bad.
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @brisingr86 I think you are probably right. I have been in pain since Tuesday, so water retention is probably right. Only today have I managed to walk down stairs and get up from my chair with ease!!

I haven't done any exercise since as been in agony.

I get hungry when I exercise....maybe have protein snacks handy...like boiled egss or protein shakes?
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    8ueeiai9w3wm.jpg

Marla Jean noted that yesterday was Dr. Seuss day, so thought I'd share this even though it's a day late.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    SW (March 3): 156.0
    W1 (March 10): no weigh-in due to business travel
    W2 (March 17):
    W3 (March 24):
    W4 (March 31):

Happy with the scale, but a few late nights at work still have me missing the workouts. Can't say anything about today because that always jinxes it. Hoping I can keep things going next week when I'm on my business trip and won't be able to prepare my own meals.

Sam, hope the feedback from folks is helpful and things stay on track with the scale. Kudos to you for using your spare time to do something productive! Did you have some races you were preparing for with the running?

Jools, how did the fast day go? Hope the weigh in shows where you're targeting this week. You have to be a bit bad at your friend's hen weekend. Enjoy yourself as much as you can. Are you able to fit in a few extra workouts/longer/up intensity this week and next to counter some added indulgences this weekend?

Marla Jean, glad to see the vacation weight is coming off quickly for you! Well done jumping back into your healthy routines.

Rach, glad you're starting to feel normal again. Hopefully you can get back to the exercise to keep things moving so that you don't have the same degree of soreness and ramp up more slowly?

Jill, seems like you've been posting lots of losses and overall feeling a bit more in control. How are you doing?

Kristen? I know it hasn't even been a week since you posted goals, but hope things are going well.

Have a great end of the week all! Good luck this weekend whether you have special occasions or just normal weekend challenges.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    8ueeiai9w3wm.jpg

Another of my faves! Dr. Suess ROCKS! :love:

@brisingr86 thanks for your encouragement! I'm glad the scale is making you happy! I think I'll be more happy with the scale when ALL of the vacation weight is gone and I'm actually losing the other stuff :wink: keep up the great work! I will be traveling next week too 6th-10th so I'll probably skip a weigh in as well.

150/1250
    got in another walk this morning in the rain and have Cardio Boxing again tonight--YAY I'm starting a roll!

have a GREAT day MFPalz!
  • purebells
    Options
    @brisingr86 - Thanks - I think the squats were what killed me - so will give the squats a rest for awhile :)

It is the last working day of the week today - so happy! Looking forward to the weekend - going to do some sessions at the gym and try and distress.

The wedding is starting to get to me.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I hear you bells, mine is now 11weeks away! And 11 lbs! Weighing in today instead of tomorrow as I'm away this weekends. Fasting and going very low can this week Def had an effect. I did one fast day, and one day where I only ate in an 8 hour window.
    Sw: 159.8
    W1: 158.2
    Gw: 154

• samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bit of extra motivation - I've just discovered exercise tickers! Full instructions on how to post them on page 1 of the March Running Challenge (in Challenges discussion) here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10344092/march-2016-running-challenge/p1

Here's mine for March!

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w0tsNuL/exercise.png [\img] Thanks for the tips with the hunger - I have increased my water, protein and fibre and it seems to have settled down.[/img]
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    Ah - still haven't got the hang of it! Needs a space between the img bit and the link to make it into a picture!
  • brisingr86
    Options
  • MsMarlaJean
    edited March 2016
    Options
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wpgHXtI/exercise.png [\img] Thanks for the ticker site...I couldn't get it to work even though I put a space when it posts it's like the space goes away, in fact ALL the spaces went away :frowning: At any rate it's is cool :smile:[/img]215/1250
  • brisingr86
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There you go Marla Jean. It let me put the space between the first img and the http. Super cute.

Thanks for sharing Sam! I've used this in the past, but never thought to share here.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    There you go Marla Jean. It let me put the space between the first img and the http. Super cute.

Thanks for sharing Sam! I've used this in the past, but never thought to share here.

Thanks for posting it for me :) Weird that it wouldn't let me?? Ah well...making minutes progress!
  • purebells
    Options
    @fitfor30th 7 weeks to go for me... and 3 kilos that wont budge.
    What do you do for your fast days?
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    From engagement (June) to wedding (February). I find success stories motivating! Has anyone else looked at some pictures of their progress so far?

• samlovesthesnow
    Options
    0hottp5mejsw.jpeg