AMAZING RACE INFORMATION PLEASE READ

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
This is the official rules for the amazing race.. Okay you all should have your teams. Last session we only had 45 from 160 members with the race and this is a much bigger undertaking then I planned but hey.. I am happy for so much motivation and I love doing all of this for you. So if you have a mistake or have not been added please message me or post under the roster list.
Check every monday for your new golden ticket. The teams are judged by points. You as a team will be expected to complete the minutes which is the miles from destination to destination. It is an 8 week challenge but starting week 5 there will be an elimination round. That will leave us with 3 teams will be eliminated but... there is a catch one team can knock one team out of the running if they catch up to them by points. I will explain that later in the race.
Judging is done by the following. There are two roadblocks each challenge. You have the option to do one or both. They sometimes are very physical, sometimes goofy and always educational. There will be two extra credit challenges each run as well, one nutritional and one accountability or a trivia contest based on health, food ect.
Road blocks are 10 pts this round. If your team gets all the miles 15 pts. Something we did not do, if your team gets over the minutes you need then you get extra credit 1 per each 10% so here we can really rack up the points. If you just make the miles they are worth 15 points.
The extra credit are worth 5-10 pts depending. So look out for your golden tickets which will be in the anouncement section every week. This week will be a fun and get to know your team week and cant wait for it.
melodie

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. Thank you so much for taking this task on, especially with so many people participating. Good luck to all teams and individuals!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Im ready!
  • LastChanceRobin
    LastChanceRobin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love this.

Thank you for all your hard work!!!
  • akitamother10
    akitamother10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are very motivational!! Thank you so much!!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your hard work, this is a big undertaking!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much for putting this together. It's so much fun to be a part of! I know last time each team member had to do a minimum of 10% of the minutes. Is that still a thing? (although with so many people joining it would have to be less I'm sure...)
  • Tusksmom
    Tusksmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    this is exciting!!!!
  • sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great! Thank you for what you're doing!
  • vjcarrillo
    vjcarrillo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    is it to late to join a team? :(