lang111 wrote: »
    60 minutes of Crossfit
    Did the arm challenge day 2
    Failed at sugar challenge today
    Having fatoosh salad for dinner

• lmdsmiles
    lmdsmiles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Arm challenge day 2 & 60 minutes of Jazzercise today. Does the Mama Mia dance challenge only count once? Not sure how that works..
  • LastChanceRobin
    LastChanceRobin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am at 128 minutes so far for the mileage challenge part. I am not quite sure how that works, but I *should* be adding another 90 to it today

(tracking my runs through Runtastics)
  • jenniferstavich
    jenniferstavich Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :D
    issy62087 wrote: »
    Sweat is just fat crying. Get your sweat in today!

• jenniferstavich
    jenniferstavich Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tuesday March 8
    100 min exercise
    No sugar or bread
    Posted on thread
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Team 9 ... Please don't forget to go to the spreadsheet and record your daily exercise minutes. We need to have it completed by Sunday evening for the week ... and I think it's just a yes/no for the extra challenges ... or maybe we put in the number of days we did them, as it was 2 points per day for the nutrition challenge, and 10 points for 5 days of Mama Mia dancing ... Maybe our leader, @memere101 can correct me on any mistatements I've made ...

We can do this! Each one of us has our part to play in getting to the end ... like a bicycle wheel, each spoke has it's equal share to keep the wheel turning!

Now ... I need to go and get in 60 minutes of exercise today to make up for being short on Monday and Tuesday!
    Niki

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J3COIkKWYIJgSADCtJaPRFDtlgpieUVKiy73rJv9rPI/edit#gid=0
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Im away travelling and having difficulty accessing the spreadsheets. Can someone please log my weigh in this week as 202lbs. I should have pc access in the next few days to log my daily exercises. Thanks :smile:
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Can someone please log my weigh in this week as 202lbs.
    Done!

Did 60 minutes of biking today and a 20 minute walk. So I'm at 165 for the week. I still have to do the mamma mia dance but I will either today or tomorrow.

I made this pork souvlaki last night - cbc.ca/bestrecipes/recipes/pork-soulvlaki
    Very simple but it was really good! (Even my daughter said it was good!) I didn't use pitas, just made lettuce wraps with it.
    Now to figure out tonight's Greek food... :)
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2016
    Options
    bump

• memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Wow we are really off to a great start. Be sure to log all your stats on the spread sheet. If you have trouble accessing it just keep track of your weekly totals and send me a message with the weekly amount and I'll be glad to put it in for you.
    I've been working in the squat challenge, the arm challenge, a 6 week booty camp workout, and an 8 week dumbbell challenge ( which is just a variation of the one posted here) I started a workout calendar to keep track of everything and I have alarms set on my google calendar to remind me to exercise. I eat spinach everyday so that takes care of my Greek food :smile:
  • issy62087
    issy62087 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great time with the challenge! For myself, increasing my exercise has made me so much happier....even my roommate noticed. Let's rack up the points this week!
  • sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder to log exercise minutes on the spreadsheet!
    Had tzatziki with dinner yesterday, grapes the previous days.
    Will be increasing exercise minutes over the next few days hopefully.
    Hmmm... how can I know which food is Greek and which is not? Or is mediterranean enough:P
    I too thought the mama mia dance is done once only.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    This is so funny ... I thought we had to do Roadblock #1 ... the Mama Mia Dance ... for 5 days out of the 7 to get the 10 points for it. Then I noticed a lot of people in this challenge have been checking it as done after doing it only 1 time ... so I reread the 'Get Your Golden Ticket' thread and found a comment in a couple of pages that stated you only had to do it one time to get the credit, but could do it as much and as often as you wished ...

So ... I have been dancing my head off with it and like it so much that it's becoming a part of my morning routine!

To make it easier on myself, I've been keeping track of my activity in the challenge pieces on my home page ... and today I found threads for the Roadblocks and Accountability ... so I posted on there also ... but it seems like a lot of duplicate effort.

How is everyone else keeping track?
    Dancing Mama Mia Niki
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2016
    Options
    sukkara wrote: »
    Hmmm... how can I know which food is Greek and which is not? Or is mediterranean enough:P
    I too thought the mama mia dance is done once only.

Couldn't answer you on your status page cause it's private ... so I'll answer you on here ...

When the Golden Ticket for this week was written up, there was a short list of Greek foods listed, and a few people, myself included, asked about specific other foods and if you had to have a different Greek food each day, or would the same one repeated count. ... Well, you can repeat the same Greek Food every day and still get the daily point for it. You had needed to eat a Greek food for 5 days to get the 10 points, 2 points per day.

Here is the list of Greek Food that was mentioned in the threads ...
    Spit Roasted lamb with Tzatziki and garnishes such as tomato, onion
    Pita Bread
    Meat pie using lamb, goat, pork mince (or a combination of) with rice, tomato sauce wrapped in a pastry kneaded with white wine
    Feta Cheese
    Olives
    Grapes
    Grape Leaves
    Spinach
    Greek Yogurt

quoted from the questions I found about it ...
    "Regarding Roadblock #2, is it 5 different Greek foods on 5 different days or can some of the foods be repeated? … Answer … It does not have to be different foods. IF it is Greek oriented, it counts."

So ... if you want to branch out, there are some really wonderful Greek recipes you can find online. I've made a couple of those dishes this past week and they were so yum!

I want to make
    Spanakopita (spinach and feta cheese pie, kind of like a quich but uses phyllo pastry)
    Greek Moussaka (a casserole using eggplant)
    Avgolemeno Soup (Greek Lemon Chicken Rice Soup)

These 3 will definitely find they way into my meals when we aren't focusing on not eating white food.

• issy62087
    issy62087 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    memere101 wrote: »
    Wow we are really off to a great start. Be sure to log all your stats on the spread sheet. If you have trouble accessing it just keep track of your weekly totals and send me a message with the weekly amount and I'll be glad to put it in for you.
    I've been working in the squat challenge, the arm challenge, a 6 week booty camp workout, and an 8 week dumbbell challenge ( which is just a variation of the one posted here) I started a workout calendar to keep track of everything and I have alarms set on my google calendar to remind me to exercise. I eat spinach everyday so that takes care of my Greek food :smile:

If you don't mind I'd love to edit the spread sheet so it automatically adds the minutes for each person into the total column and also will total for the whole team at the end of the week. We should just use numbers instead of putting "minutes" in the columns so the formulas will work. It will save you a lot of time!
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was worried I wouldn't get much activity in today because it's rainy but I did manage to get a god amount of walking in so that's better than nothing. I'm planning to do the dance tonight and I may try to squeeze a light workout in too.

No Greek foods today, unless tomatoes count? I had tomato and avocado salad with lunch which is not really Greek.

Keep up the good work everyone! It's almost the weekend!
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    issy62087 wrote: »
    [quote=

If you don't mind I'd love to edit the spread sheet so it automatically adds the minutes for each person into the total column and also will total for the whole team at the end of the week. We should just use numbers instead of putting "minutes" in the columns so the formulas will work. It will save you a lot of time!
    I'm actually not the one who does the calculations for the spreadsheet. I believe they have it worked out so that the numbers do calculate at the end....you could check with mallowbar on this.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Sorry have been posting here, I have been somewhat busy. Springbreak in Vazquez household. I still want to make/eat some gyros.
  • sodonovan74
    sodonovan74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi team 9, I'm really sorry I haven't been making an effort this week,it's just one of those I'm sure we all have, not enough hours in the day!! Hopefully next week I'll keep up my end of the bargain and help out more! Well done to you all for doing do well all week!
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm still away from my pc and can't access the spreadsheet. My exercise minutes so far this week if someone update them please are as below;

07/03/2016 - 15 minutes stair climbing
    08/03/2016 - 120 minutes walking
    09/03/2016 - 120 minutes walking
    10/03/2016 - 30 minutes walking
    11/03/2016 - 60 minutes walking

Only Greek food I've got in this week is lamb kofta on Monday 07/03/2016.

Good work to everyone so far!!