Join me and Introduce yourself

Options
Hi I am Gayle I am 63,I did not start exercising until I was 56. I fell in love with it lost 50 lbs over a period of time and enjoyed this best physical shape I had ever been in. Fast forward had back surgrey 2 yrs ago. Great success but for various reasons lost my mojo. I have gained 25 lbs. and have not exercised at all.
I am back on track agiain slowly gaining strength working out daily and have lost 5 lbs and getting portion control in order.

Replies

• Bridgergal
    Bridgergal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sounds good, if it's okay that I'm 50. I'm finding it very challenging losing about 15-20 pounds that have crept on over the years in spite of exercising and changing some eating habits. Would love some advice!
  • gaylewoodruff321
    gaylewoodruff321 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome..... it is a challenge to fight the sands of time.I did not even start my fitness craze till my late 50's.And was living proof you can.Exercise and eating well is truly the key....especially the addition of exercise.Always in my past it was just diet. After my falling off my own bandwagon after a back surgrey.... I had to stop exercise for about 4 months and my husband became my cook during that time....fast forward a couple of injuries and 20 lbs I could not get my mindset. Now on board ready to conquer it again.
    Aging is a double whammy you lose muscle and you are allowed fewer calories...but it is possible to to gain muscle back...and make the best of calories we can eat.
  • RetiredDeb
    RetiredDeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good group for me to join. I've lost at least a ton (literally) of weight in my life and gained it all back. Two years ago when I was facing retirement, I decided that this was enough and I wanted an active retirement. I lost 85 pounds over a year and it was wonderful for so many reasons. I kept it off for a year with little trouble and have thoroughly enjoyed retirement. Now it seems to be creeping back--just 7 pounds at this moment--but I'm having trouble getting back on track. Plus, I still have 35 more to lose to get down to what I feel is a good weight for me (150#).
  • ldrag07444
    ldrag07444 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been a weight watcher all my life and I don't mean going to "Weight Watchers". I exercise 3 times a week and include cardio and weights in my workout. Generally, I am very healthy, knock on wood. I've always had weight issues, but generally stayed between 122 - 135. I am now close to the upper portion and I need to get back down. At 61, I am finding it difficult controlling my appetite, especially when I get home from work and cooking. I almost eat a meal before I eat dinner! One plus I have done is not eating candy, cookies and cake for over 4 years. I am now trying to cut out potatoes and I've been picking on pretzels. Also have to control my portions, but Im so hungry I overeat at dinner. Because of this age, I'm getting the fat accumulating in the middle, which I read is due to hormones. Really?? Can't women just get a break?