Your "Go-To" gym/workout/fitness motivation song?

Options
kraigiark
kraigiark Posts: 27 Member
Hey everyone,

Right before my workouts I tend to listen to a song to get me pumped and ready to kick *kitten*! Do any of you do this? Maybe on the last stretch of your workout you've got that one song that keeps you going. What is it? Share them! I'd love some new music for my workouts/motivation.

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Gackt's Ghost is probably my #1 workout song when I hit the gym. All in all I prefer listening to j-rock when I lift.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been putting on "working for it" Zhu but in the past I always liked "perfect (exceed)" princess superstar, mason - it's super fun and the music video is kischty and workout related
  • FoodGrinch
    FoodGrinch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Taylor Swift shake it off but I'm in constant fear the entire time my earphones will pop out and it'll play on loud speaker.
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    In general I just put my Pandora on shuffle but for some reason it only ever likes to play gaslight anthem and against me which doesn't really get me going so recently I have been putting it on the "halestorm" station or the "the pretty reckless" station. Needless to say, I really need some good suggestions as well!

Also as cliche and probably embarrassing as it is.... "i'll make a man out of you" can make it happen! I can't just put it on though... it has to randomly pop up on my station lol.

I tried listening to some of the premade workout stations on Pandora but they just don't really do anything for me...
  • kraigiark
    kraigiark Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    tarabole wrote: »
    Lately I've been putting on "working for it" Zhu but in the past I always liked "perfect (exceed)" princess superstar, mason - it's super fun and the music video is kischty and workout related

I love Zhu!
    Also as cliche and probably embarrassing as it is.... "i'll make a man out of you" can make it happen! I can't just put it on though... it has to randomly pop up on my station lol.

^I've never even thought about adding this song to my workout playlist, but you're right, I can see how it'd give me some extra energy! haha. I'm gonna have to throw it in my playlist now.

• purplesccy
    purplesccy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wrong side of Heaven- Five Finger Death Punch
  • anthophora
    anthophora Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    LCD Soundsystem on Pandora worked for me today!!!
  • mandieinheels
    mandieinheels Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    usually upbeat pop, katy perry, Britney's work *kitten*, Gaga Born this way, and Mcklemore
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout I'm doing if I'm on the bike I've been into blues traveler(hook) and pure prairie league(Amie) and treadmill or elliptical usually imagine dragons(Demons) or Taylor swift(I knew you were trouble) for strength training stuff I like to listen to Godsmack(anything from faceless album) or the Fray(cable car).......

My music taste is a bit eclectic so this will probably all change in a week or two
  • R0ygb1v2
    R0ygb1v2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a specific song prior to working out. I just put on a pre-made playlist on spotify and I mostly listen to edm when working out
  • chillllllaaa
    chillllllaaa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears "Work *kitten*" is my current cardio jam
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    As I find songs that get me going I will be sure to post them on here. Just got back from the gym and these songs did it for me today!

1. Thousand Foot Krutch - Puppet
    2. Halestorm - I Am The Fire