Week 2 newsletter! This week starts the Amazing Race.

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Good morning and Happy week 2! This week we pretty much just have been getting our feet wet . I hope everyone that wanted to participate is hooked up with their team and leaders to participate. Their are a couple in each team with some people who have not checked in yet, so please the check the roster list if you are unsure of your team assignment. If you still want on a team and did not sign up we could put you on a waiting list and a leader will contact you for assignments for ones that did not show. If you do not show by end of week two you will be eliminated from your team and the race.
There is a spreadsheet with the same link and it has a tab for your team spreadsheet. You need to add your name. I have it listed by date all you need to do is write your minutes in so you can keep track. I will try to work on for it to calculate the running totals. I'm new to doing spreadsheet. MDS used to do our spreadsheets who was a genius with them and me not so much just bare with me.
We weigh in tommorow but feel free to weigh up to Thursday. Everyone weighs on different days . Please don't get discouraged if you did not lose this week,the key is consistency .
There is a squat challenge as we had last week if you did not start it , it's there for you the length of the challenge. Modify as needed.
New this week is the arm challenge I listed two. One just for light weights and one for a combination . As always they are your choice but they are there. Amazing race participants the arm is an extra credit you can use and whatever minutes you use always counts toward your time so if you are also doing squats don't forget to log your minutes with them as well.
Amazing race extra credit other than the arm challenge includes the accountability challenge and the nutritional challenge. Of course they are always optional but they will help you on your journey to meet your goals and support each other. Their is a post under discussions to keep track. Make a post and edit everyday to keep track and then post on your spreadsheet when completed. If you are not in the race feel free to do the challenges as well.
Here I will post each week starting next our winners on the scale and in the challenges we got going. So here hoping we all have a great week!

Replies

• UFGatorsMichelle
    UFGatorsMichelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am confused about what I am supposed to be doing. What is the squat challenge and arm challenge and where do we notate it if we do this? What is a roadblock? What is the accountability challenge and nutritional challenge and where are those logged?
  • BourgeoiseX
    BourgeoiseX Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Too many open mini-challenges at the same time and I'm not sure they all tie to the amazing race challenge.
  • mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey--thanks for organizing this! One quick question: where do we post the work we have done for the AR challenge part? I, for instance, am looking over the rules while chomping on a Greek-inspired tuna salad (coincidence!!), but not sure where to post what I ate...
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Hey--thanks for organizing this! One quick question: where do we post the work we have done for the AR challenge part? I, for instance, am looking over the rules while chomping on a Greek-inspired tuna salad (coincidence!!), but not sure where to post what I ate...
    Keep track on your team and just edit as the week goes .
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Too many open mini-challenges at the same time and I'm not sure they all tie to the amazing race challenge.

If you do the minutes they do tie in . Not everyone can do serious cardio or want to do the dance. I wanted to give everyone options. You do whatever challenges you want. No one said you have to do every one .
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Can't seem to find the thread to log squat challenge? Can someone tell me which link it was in? I've had no problems finding it until tonight.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    It's probably further down in the discussions.
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    lynnjano wrote: »
    Can't seem to find the thread to log squat challenge? Can someone tell me which link it was in? I've had no problems finding it until tonight.

There's a page 2 now Lynn.
  • mariaheliza2015
    mariaheliza2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I signed up March 1st. I downloaded the Google sheets app and added my name. I have logged in every single day and done my food journal as well , as of yesterday, lost 2.5 pounds but I am overwhelmed by all the posts and I didn't see my name on the teams. What did I do wrong?
  • akitamother10
    akitamother10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Team One I did not do nearly as well as I wanted or expect from myself this week. I was actually off of work all week for foot surgery. Still I expect more from myself. I will do more this week as I have a goal for myself and a closet full of clothes needing to be worn!! I won't let TEAM ONE down!!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Team One I did not do nearly as well as I wanted or expect from myself this week. I was actually off of work all week for foot surgery. Still I expect more from myself. I will do more this week as I have a goal for myself and a closet full of clothes needing to be worn!! I won't let TEAM ONE down!!

We have faith in you. Just keep your spirits up. Team one is behind you all the way. Do what you can. Hope you are recovering well.
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am loving this race, I have started a small challenge myself and feel inspired, but for the fact I had the flu 3 days last week but kept going .. I too was a bit overwhelmed with all the challenges but thanks for clarifying we don't have to do all of them whew! <3:)
  • jodybergeon
    jodybergeon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am loving this race, I have started a small challenge myself and feel inspired, but for the fact I had the flu 3 days last week but kept going .. I too was a bit overwhelmed with all the challenges but thanks for clarifying we don't have to do all of them whew! <3:)

The box is my church
    Sweat is my prayer
    CrossFit is my religion ~J~
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a great reminder of why eating healthy is a good idea. I'd made it 4 days without sugar and then rewarded myself with a sugar day and ended up making myself sick. I started with a big cookie after a long run and ended with a chocolate fountain at a wedding reception. I don't think sugar will be such a big temptation today :p