my version of bulletproof coffee.... just made it for the first time.

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
2 TBS chia seeds soaked in very hot water for 15 minutes. Then drain the water off.

1 TBS coconut oil

1 medium keurig cup of coffee

2 capfulls of SF vanilla Torani syrup.

Put it all in my nutriblender, and let it rip for 30 seconds.

I wanted more fiber in my diet, so I am going to do it this way. There is a TINY bit of grit from the seeds, but I don't mind it.

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »
    2 TBS chia seeds soaked in very hot water for 15 minutes. Then drain the water off.

1 TBS coconut oil

1 medium keurig cup of coffee

2 capfulls of SF vanilla Torani syrup.

Put it all in my nutriblender, and let it rip for 30 seconds.

I wanted more fiber in my diet, so I am going to do it this way. There is a TINY bit of grit from the seeds, but I don't mind it.

That sounds really good! I've only just been using my chia seeds for making pudding, I might try that in my hot morning bulletproof matchalatte.

• BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If you make 1:3 chia gel and keep it ready in your fridge you might be able to get rid of the gritty texture.
  • motown13
    Options
    BalmyD wrote: »
    If you make 1:3 chia gel and keep it ready in your fridge you might be able to get rid of the gritty texture.

Most likely you are correct.
  • Catfanblue
    Catfanblue Posts: 1 Member
    Options

What is 1:3 chia gel and where can I find it or recipe??? Thanks in advance!
  • motown13
    Options
    Catfanblue wrote: »

What is 1:3 chia gel and where can I find it or recipe??? Thanks in advance!

Basically you just put chia seeds in a liquid, and within a certain amount of time, the seeds puff up and become jelly like..... or, gel like. Some people only let them sit 15 minutes, some let them soak overnight.

1 part chia seeds to 3 parts liquid. I tend to use almond milk.