Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    My guess:

21-15-9

calorie row
    deadlift
    wall balls

I think that's a pretty good guess Jeff. I think it will be a triplet too though what movements i'm not sure. Definitely with wall balls (maybe some snatches) and the third..........
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    My guess:

21-15-9

calorie row
    deadlift
    wall balls

I think you could be right - I'm hoping so anyway
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    i'm not gonna lie - don't love 16.3
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for repeat of 14.3. Instead we get muscle ups. Ughhh. The snatches are a joke. Just there to tire you out. It's the MUs that are the deal breaker. Tonight my plan is to work on technique, maybe I can slip in a bit of practice this weekend (wife is out of town leaving me with both little ones), then go after it Monday morning. I've only tried MUs one time a few months ago, and wasn't really even close.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    12814196_1513462305628384_7856968745033503891_n.jpg?oh=8dadce3c66c625f700b018a3446bec27&oe=578D7F08 My attempt at muscle ups... I call this the sloth technique.
    Did scale for 124 and won't get a chance to try it again but I'm ok with that. My forearms were burnt.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just did 16.3 because I didn't want to worry about the muscle ups all weekend. Although 20 some years rusty, my gymnastics background helped on the bar MU's. Got 46 reps RX. Had 3 or 4 misses, those were REALLY costly in terms of time, energy and confidence. If your bar MU's are at all iffy, I highly recommend taking your time.

Also, it is really painful judging the jumping C2B's for someone that doesn't quite have them. The girl I judged was quite angry after, not sure if it was at herself, me for all the no-reps, or some combination.
  • mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have to wait until Monday to do this. Going to do scaled, really hope I can get C2B, I have never done it before. Snatch will be almost too easy.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    Just watched some great videos on BMUs. I never realized there was a hip drive component. I think I understand the technique, now to just practice it a bit.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    There is a reason watching other people effortlessly do Muscle Ups is other the same as doing the.. LOL... 16.3 attempt 1, score 10 Rx. Sigh.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just did 16.3 because I didn't want to worry about the muscle ups all weekend. Although 20 some years rusty, my gymnastics background helped on the bar MU's. Got 46 reps RX. Had 3 or 4 misses, those were REALLY costly in terms of time, energy and confidence. If your bar MU's are at all iffy, I highly recommend taking your time.

Also, it is really painful judging the jumping C2B's for someone that doesn't quite have them. The girl I judged was quite angry after, not sure if it was at herself, me for all the no-reps, or some combination.

Congrats on your MU's! I did 16.3 last Friday and I had many more no-reps on jumping C2Bs than good reps and they will make you very very angry.. but not at your judge. This was one of my most frustrating CrossFit experiences. I was calling my own no-reps so my judge wouldn't feel as bad. You can definitely feel whether you touch the bar or not... there was only one rep I thought was good that he called a no-rep so I just did another. Judge's call rules. I got 56 reps, scaled, and it took me the last 90 seconds to get my final jumping chin to bar. This is clearly a weak area for me to work on.

I also forgot previous advice to not work on the down/negative... just drop. I think I burned a lot of unnecessary energy, but this is all a learning experience. It's all about improving individually and progressing your own fitness and strength.

• Mummyadams
    Options
    16.3 was a killer for me. I did scaled for 92. I was writhing on the floor afterwards with burning forearms. There were many many people who only posted a score of 10 at my box.
    I congratulate anyone who managed to do at least 1 MU!
  • mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I got 82 scaled. My coach was trying to convince me to do RX, but I have no chance at MU.
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    I've decided not to ever do the open again. Seriously we have people in our box who have redone their wods 2 or 3 or even 4 times! seriously? You give it your best shot 1st time. I've never experienced an open like it.
    what other comp in the world let's you re-do your score just because you weren't feeling it, or someone put you off while you were doing it. Do it once and do it well I say.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Got my BMU warming up on Sunday and went ahead did 37 Rx, beating a buddy at the gym. He texted me on Monday at lunch to tell me he re did it and did 37 with a faster tie breaker. So with 20 min to get my score in last night, I redid it and got 49! Not stringing them yet, but didn't miss a single until the 3rd round.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Mummyadams wrote: »
    I've decided not to ever do the open again. Seriously we have people in our box who have redone their wods 2 or 3 or even 4 times! seriously? You give it your best shot 1st time. I've never experienced an open like it.
    what other comp in the world let's you re-do your score just because you weren't feeling it, or someone put you off while you were doing it. Do it once and do it well I say.

Why worry about what they are doing? It's really just you against you. I typically don't redo them either, but this year I have a friendly competition going with a friend who is 10 years younger than me. He has needed 2 or 3 tries to beat me for every WOD so far.

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I wouldn't use that as a reason not to do it again, but I'm just like you. I'm doing it once. Maybe twice if I really crap the bed and think that the reason I did is fixable, but that's it.

I usually wait until Monday for just that reason. No temptation.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice some of the crazy scores on the men's side? There is no way that guy got 190 reps. No. Way.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options

What other people do is out of your control. Run your race, let others run theirs.
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options

:neutral: I did 16.3 four times. Really well each time. I've got the strength for a muscle up and it's a skill i've been working 4x a week for 3 months leading up to this workout. I had never even thought of anyone at my box or any other judging folks who try more than once. ???